Kx_rider

Mar 19, 2007
northwestern Ontario
Well i recently bought a Cr250r and a week ago it started to have a choppy idle, it doesn't wanna settle down but does after a few seconds. basically when im costing slow in 1st gear the idle is jumping up and down but when i shift to neutral and just let her idle it settles down to its reg idle in about 6 seconds. ( its not just when i pull the clutch in) any ideas would be great!. thanks!

Here is a video of what its doing (not my bike but same prob)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caLNELzOWkw

Last edited:

Kx_rider

Mar 19, 2007
northwestern Ontario
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Jumping into a lake and not knowing how to swim yet? Look at the plug? Running a little lean? Vintage Bob

the Plug is perfect, i think i found the problem. possibly Sucking air at the Crank case i just found a crack in the case that is dripping out oil :(

Kx_rider

Mar 19, 2007
northwestern Ontario
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
That will do it! Still probably fixable? Do you know any really good welders?

i think it might be weldable what happens was when one of my chain tensioned bolt broke the chain slacked up enough to slap my case right where the clutch actuator is ( the one spot the front chain guard doesn't cover) and it beat an chain linkage indent into the case causing sum cracking around the indent, im calling a welding in the nearest city to me to get a quote and may having it welded for now but im defiantly getting an new left side case. Do u guys think ill have to take the case off to weld it? id like to leave it all together if i can just clean it up real good

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
If I remember correctly? You just need a good ground as close as possible to the area to weld, clean well, and DO NOT BREATHE THE FUMES! And the jb weld may work? If it still has an erratic idle it did not hold? I used some 7 dollar for a little tube of wet weld by JBweld company, and I think it said it was petroleum safe, on a non pressure area of a toilet. The guy has not called back yet, but, jury rigs are not recommended or guaranteed! Vintage Bob

Top Bottom