Apr 7, 2008
I was just riding in some of the trails by my house and am on my way back (about a quarter mile away from home) and my bike dies. I call the wife to bring me my truck and pick up the bike and the whole 9 yards. I get it home and put some gas in it and it ran right out the over flow hose. If i just turn the idle down will it stop doing that? and other thing, i saw that my reaer tire is missing 2 spokes and was wondering if i could just buy new ones and put them on or would i have to "tru" (i think the work is) the rear tire

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
No, the idle screw has nothing to do with the float.

Your float is stuck, take the carb off the bike, take the float bowl off the carb and clean it.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
If you know of some place that you can just get the 2, go for it..

I've not been able to find a source for just buying singles. Only a full set.

Apr 7, 2008
on my old bike (xr 100) the local shop had singles but i had to pay to get it "Trued". If i can get the singles do i need to get it trued cause that costs me an arm and a leg

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
You may need to have it trued, but only you will know that for certain.

Put the spokes in, and snug them up, see what happens. If you can get them tight enough, without moving the rim, then you should be ok.

Apr 7, 2008
so i went to my local shop today and they sold them seperatly!! so i put them on and when i was finished putting them on, i noticed a spot in the rim that bulges out on both sides. its on the lip part of it where the tire sits on it. do you think i could just hammer it back in or buy a new rim.

Apr 7, 2008
unfortunatly my dad has the camera in his car and wont be back till later on tonight but if you have a phone i could text you the pictures unless you want to wait till maybe tomorrow or later tonight

Top Bottom