Sayntmatt

Jul 22, 2002
Hey Marcus I just got an 05 CR125 and for my level (very novice) I reckon its pretty good. Now the mags say the power tails off sharply at the top end and I can kinda feel that! What I was wanting to ask you is as I (hopefully) progress and get faster would it be worth investing in some after market mods to try and boost the top end a little? Something like a pipe and maybe a V-Force or the like?

Cheers.

gonzo843

May 24, 2004
Get a Vforce (prepare for jetting issues) and a Rev pipe. That adds top end. But with that bike being so new you might have trouble getting parts right now.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
LOL, heres what i know about the 05 cr125-it needs a decent piston and ring-like a vertex or wiseco, the head doesnt seem bad design, im not sure you will get a v force for it yet?? the inlet looked different but ive not looked at a very recent cr for a while, in the past a v force helped but didnt add that much, on the 03 i think it lost power(steve will remind me)

the exhuast port needs to be raised and also the jetting was rich on the one i tested.A pipe helped the 04 a little.

So i would say a pipe, jetting and maybe porting.

rydesred

Dec 18, 2004
marcusgunby said:
t also the jetting was rich on the one i tested..

i have an 05 cr125. i second the rich jetting. mine soo rich it fouls plugs every 2 sec. jets should be in tomorrow for my bike. i new to the 2stroke thing but i can kinda feel mine dropping off up top but by the sound of the motor up top and WOT mine sounds more like a jetting thing. if the weather holds up ill be riding this weekend and ill let u know what i find.

Sayntmatt

Jul 22, 2002
Thanks guys, I understand what you mean about parts not being available just yet but I mean in the future when Im a little more used to it! I have to learn to ride it standard first ;) Thanks again for the advice!!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom