jimyz

Nov 9, 2000
I have a one year old pair of alpinestars tech 6 boots used mostly for mx and some offroad with soles, especially the replacable arches, that are about shot with an 160 lb. rider and stock footpegs. I like the fit and feel of the boots but am disappionted in the wear. Any other boots on the market that others found as functional with better wear? I called alpinestars and they made me feel stupid in which ruined me as a future customer for new products.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
you can have the entire soles replaced, i've had it done to my tech 6's. My stock footpegs and especially the rear brake lever chewed them up good.

toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
how often do u guys ride? ive had my had my tech 6s for about 2 months and i ride about 1 a week and my soles have barely any wear. most of my riding is mx track and a little trails.

drzgod

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2002
Mine are shot after 1 year of riding as well. Moto Squid, who did your work and were they able to get replacement soles that were tougher or did you have to get OEM?

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
drzgod, I had mine resoled by Motosports Factory of Waukesha, Wi (262) 524-9977 I shipped them the boots and they got them back to me at a race. It's not that expensive and I think they used OEM replacements. But now I've chewed through the replacement sole into the actual boot, so I'm in the market for new boots, again....damn F3 footpegs :p

drzgod

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2002
Thanks for the info, I didn't think you could take it to your local cobbler. How long did it take? In my instance, both boots show wear on the sole, but the kick starter on the YZ has shredded replaceable instep and has went to town on the rest of the sole as well.

Top Bottom