16, 18 mm Offsets or suspension work 400E ?

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
I would like to do both but right now only have the cash for 1. Should I do the clamps to improve the headshake or do the suspension first and go from there? I have a GPR in the mail right now as well.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
I agree with knobbiethrower, get the suspension setup first if you can only do one. The GPR will cure the headshake.

KTM-Lew

Jan 26, 2002
Eunoch74:p
If I had known about the E-Bay kit I would have tried it first. Fix the forks and spring for your weight. Probably .44 & pds 3. I tried a straight rate rear and did not like it. Just my opinion.:uh:

KTM Jim????:D

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Get the suspension done First:) :) :) I don't know all the technical stuff, but Steve @ So cal suspension rework mine and man what a differents.

I know he went with 46s, new valves and a straight rate in the rear., that with the stabilizer, I think you will be very happy

Got to try it out today @ the HBMC race,( oh by the way, Where were ya, you would've loved it )

RetSenior

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 15, 2000
Looks like I did it wrong. I bought the clamps before I bought the bike. Then when I got the bike and uncrated it I put the clamps on.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
I did it that way too, RetSenior. I also put stiffer springs in both ends right away plus the Scott's damper. No headshake, great suspension and turning.

RetSenior

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 15, 2000
Strick...I run the 16's. I had to buy a prototype set because the production models were not going to be out for a few more months when I bought them and I wanted them for the arrival of the bike. Just missed you last year at Elkins Flat. I got their just after you left the Saturday morning or afternoon ride. I'm going to try and make it but it's just like your Reno ride, I work Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I work 4 on 4 off. 2 day shifts then 2 night shifts then 4 days off so my days off change 1 day every week. I'm going to try and take Saturday off so I can ride all day Saturday and up to Sunday afternoon.

John...Glad to see I'm not the only Rebel out here. I liked the stock springs better with the stock valves. When I put in the stiffer springs the forks became harsh with any oil height. I had it revalved for me with the stiffer springs and all is good now. Plush throughout with no hard bottoming out.

Top Bottom