1986 KTM 500 MXC / where can I find rebuild parts

glenn g

Mar 20, 2002
I just aquired a 1986 KTM 500 mxc bascket case. The engine needs a top-end rebuild but I have not been able to find a source for piston&rings&gaskets . I also need the engine side cover that has the water-pump housing. If anyone knows where I can get parts for this old bike I`d sure be thankful . TIps , suggestions and links all appreciated.javascript:smilie

Thanks Glennn G :scream:

glenn g

Mar 20, 2002
Thanks TreeStomper

I would like to see your engine diagram . I can be reached at amyandglenn@attbi.com I dropped the engine off at a local builder on Friday he told me to come and get it amd that I should consider selling the project because he could not find parts. I don`t want to give up so quickly because it will make a cool old trail bike if I get it going. Thanks for replying I needed the encouragment ,especialy after the engine builder decided he would not help.

Thanks
Glenn G:)

pursang262

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2000
I rebuilt my 85 500mx last winter, and all the parts were available from my local KTM dealer. The piston kit is about 200 bucks and the side cover was about 150, but came with the waterpump installed! It cost about 700 dollars to get new rod, piston, bearings, gaskets, and seals,but there were no availability problems.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom