Scotty99983

Dec 5, 2009
as you all know i was rebuilding my 1990 suzuki rm250 and i am unsure what 2 stroke oil to use, i have ran one tank through it with some cheap 2 stroke oil im on my second tank of it since rebuild. my dad thinks because of the age i should maybe use a semi-synthetic 2 stroke oil but im not sure.

any help would be much appreciated.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
cant tell ya the scientificals but I owned an 88 cr250 and ran golden spectro for a couple seasons, honda hp2 for a couple, castor 927, amongst others. the only problem i ever had is when I used the 927. it was when i ran out of fuel and used my cousins. same ratio but i was misfiring so bad i think it caused my seal to blow out. when i disassembled the clutch all i had to do was push the seal back in. I would stick my neck out and say pick a reputable widely available brand, price and smell you prefer and stick with it, youll be fine

lake

Oct 30, 2008
Go with Ipone, on race day thats all you can smell when the 85's are on the track. (smells like strawberries :cool: )

Scotty99983

Dec 5, 2009
lol i have just been reading through the replies and i may have a bit of a problem. all these makes i have never seen available over here in the UK, any of you guys used things like putoline before?

Top Bottom