Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
So today I am not without fears tied to the linkage triangle, but having soaked all night in the penetrating, I did not have much trouble.
20190818_122445.jpg
20190818_122450.jpg
20190818_122511.jpg
20190818_122518.jpg
20190818_122610.jpg
20190818_122637.jpg

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
Then I decided to attack the two blind bearings, so I test the crumb of bread (because no bread) and it works, and for the other it did not come with the crumb, so I made myself a small makeshift extractor that worked very well after a little heat of the crankcase.
20190818_154215.jpg
20190818_154228.jpg
20190818_154241.jpg
20190818_154543.jpg
20190818_163359.jpg
20190818_163405.jpg
20190818_163423.jpg

and I received part of the engine bearings yesterday, so before reassembling the bottom engine, I will take care to align the crankcase with the transfers of the cylinder

20190818_171143.jpg

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
A new series of new parts have arrived today, so I add them to the rest of the pieces in the photo.
For info the plastic frame protections are for sale because between the time I place the order and the receipt of the package this morning, I find the Alu protections, so I do not need it.

I post a picture of the set then in detail

aR9pZ.jpg

DT-One air filter

V5aoV.jpg

Boyesen Power Reeds (I have always built this since 1981) waiting to later mount a Rad Valve for the pleasure of the beauty of the parts.

3XAnj.jpg

Braking rear brake pads, no need to present the brand, it bites well and the resistance is not bad either

nOdP1.jpg

Chain skates

9L9N3.jpg

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
The famous front plate typical, to go with the final look that the bike will have

Gk5pa.jpg

kit DP Clutches (delivered in a complete box, smooth disks, filled disks, springs) no need to oil the disks during the assembly, it is one of the specificities of this kit

XRgyp.jpg

eOV75.jpg

Carburetor repair kit

NeaPP.jpg

w5LoY.jpg

Pipe springs kit

dOkNL.jpg

Boyesen ignition and clutch cover

k0e1p.jpg

V5a4m.jpg

Pro Circuit 304 Silencer

aR95g.jpg

3XAqW.jpg

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
Operation ..... swingarm bearings.
With a very simple tool that will only cost you a few $, an M10 threaded rod with two nuts, a few washers and some M12 nuts, the rest you have it in the toolbox or in the drawer of the bench, ie sockets, here one of 19 metric to push the bearing cages, and a socket of 28 on the other side.
I also help myself for the 1st mm of shoot, a KYB tool that is used to replace the rings in the rear shock Seal head.
20190820_201049.jpg
20190820_201215.jpg
20190820_201237.jpg
20190820_201445.jpg
20190820_201650.jpg
20190820_202022.jpg

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
Hi everybody
wink.png

Another shipment of new parts including the second-hand rod. I will try not to finguée this one, but in this one we see that there is an aluminum stop inside, so indeed impossible to push the bearing rings.
Thing it was impossible to see the ones I had originally, so it was dusted and she has a small greaser, but where it is placed there is no use, ahah.
laughing.png

pJL5q.jpg

RN5kY.jpg

vADmo.jpg

7P5nr.jpg

Aye2b.jpg

The rear wheel spacers are well used

L9XRN.jpg

I wanted to do the electrozincing of my hardware this afternoon, so I prepare the zinc chloride (chloridic acid + zinc tips), so the reaction is done, it smoke foam .. in short it's active .. .
But here, the zinc is not dissolved and the "juice" is black, still a few microbubbles, I'll leave it at night, but I think it's not good, no? it is necessary that the zinc bases if I read well the subjects which I saw while traversing google?

In short, if you can tell me if it's normal or not, if I can use the zinc chloride obtained there on the 2nd picture.
Thank you

5d1aY.jpg

KnepY.jpg

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
And until the zinc chloride is done, I continue to work a little on the swingarm.
remember the impatcs of the chain relaxed and other traces of falls .. since the photos there, I also begin to do the side which corresponds, one does not see any more traces also. but then I can not sand anymore
laughing.png

I should also find someone to make me new string tension chocks in square format (and if possible anodized me in blue I think it looks pretty)

rWbmm.jpg

k0wGJ.jpg

1G8Lg.jpg

jOXpR.jpg

mOm75.jpg

Before and during
we no longer see the impacts of the chain, which was probably more than relaxed

QdR5r.jpg

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
Following my adventures at Breaking Bad
laughing.png

Zinc Chloride realized, and 1st test on the screws which I took again in nine not being on the result that I was going to have.

and the parts (a part because I still have but seen the note of the bill, will have to heal it before) from Honda home, they ordered me 2 selectors, 80 € the unit, multiply by two it raises the price and the error does not come from me, in short .. I will take it on the positive side that is to say that I would have a spare in case

Ejvdj.jpg

WRO3e.jpg

DyYdE.jpg

and we do not laugh at my drawing, the first one who makes fun, I'm typing it
devil.png
laughing.png

bRQG0.jpg

Go!!!

gQ53K.jpg

first test result
at the base she was rusty

k03e9.jpg

V5xa7.jpg

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
aR29k.jpg

3XJAa.jpg

nOGdJ.jpg

I improve on the manufacture of zinc chloride, there finally the metal dissolves
smile.png

V5Yl1.jpg

k07lL.jpg

qlErQ.jpg

now stainless steel screws, obviously to avoid the chemical reaction between stainless steel and aluminum, I would mount everything with anti-seize grease.

gQ7le.jpg

the Clutch Basket is dead, I thought I could catch the marks made by the discs, but it had already been done several times if I stick to the little matter that remains in terms of reinforcements and deformation.
So bein as soon as possible, we change Clutch Basket and Inner Hub.
Even if the Inner Hub is catching up, considering the price that it costs I would not be pissed off

GkRGp.jpg

9Lmy1.jpg

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
the new rear shock
Coming from a 250 crf 2008, which will take the place of the original one, very frail and without compression quick adjustment (and yes I need all the settings, professional deformation)
it will have to be restored and then it will pass obviously as on all the bikes I've had since 81, by the box preparation

XRYJ9.jpg

w57RD.jpg

Then I will sell the original front fork (redone completely or not, of course the price will not be the same) the fork clamps, the front wheel and the caliper assembly and front brake master cylinder, as I replaces everything with a set of 450 crf 2013.

aRmlA.jpg

3XmY8.jpg

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
not too much time to work on the bike these last 2 days (I'm busy with suspensions from my clients)
so I just took care of cleaning the hoses, and disassemble everything on the cylinder for when it will go to nikasil.

and I continue my search for new parts, which makes me cry when I see the price of the baskets on the internet shops

w5eow.jpg

dObNE.jpg

Ne2PW.jpg

PwkGb.jpg

4wqW8.jpg

2eO0x.jpg

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
little work of the evening and like an idiot I forget to make the water pump cover (1 hour of drying and 1 hour of baking)
No it's not Cerakote even if the picture of paint before the oven, lets think, I would love
OXom9.jpg

84p5w.jpg

09rX1.jpg

xAXj2.jpg

Z5dDv.jpg

J3dRo.jpg

YRwYx.jpg

next

Ne21G.jpg

PwkjO.jpg

4wqQO.jpg

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
Metrology workshop.
Well, even if I'm going to send my cylinder in Nikasil or in Chemisage (I'm still tattooing, the thorough analysis of the state of the exhaust barrette will fix me on the fate of the cylinder) I still want to know where it is is, just to have a preview of the use of the bike, since the vilo is ok, the bearings too (but that I change) and the state of the gear-box ok, I am curious.

Ej9GX.jpg

I started dismantling the rear wheel.
I turned off brake disc and sprocket (you know what? .. it was rusting ... grrrr) then I tried to see if I could unscrew the spokes and there too the rust took the above, so they will end up at the grinder, and for the rim of 18 "and well it will be able to help somebody even with a small" dish "since it will pass in 19"

09rdq.jpg

xAXR4.jpg

Z5dXr.jpg

You will have to find these parts.
the hoses made of aluminum and the new plugs, did you find plugs of substitution?

yAw7V.jpg

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
Me do not fuck me !!!!
it was necessary to use the great means, there are even rays which once cut away went away like bullets, so it was tense.
In short it remains the hub that will be either sanded, repainted in black, or repainted anodized red (if I put a black rim and I put my wheel before black hub of the 450)
For this rim of origin in very very bad condition, I give it if it can help someone, it has a light flat and a small crack and alumina all over the interior.

w5P0R.jpg

Ne1qg.jpg

V5Dq9.jpg

k0kGG.jpg

aRKq0.jpg

3XQ2b.jpg

nO3wp.jpg

9LQZw.jpg

GkEq1.jpg

eOKk9.jpg

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
Stripping hub + deburring of the traces of molding.
There is still some work but it's going to be pretty good.

by hand because having no sandblaster and having been rolled for crankcases, I do not have much choice.

9Lgdj.jpg

GkAPD.jpg

XR5pb.jpg

eOavK.jpg

w5ZxZ.jpg

dOVQ3.jpg

4wL9O.jpg

PwK4O.jpg

NermG.jpg

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
even if it does not interest many people, I continue to post a little more
wink.png

Continued work on the hub between 2 suspension package receptions.
it goes slowly, I took several pictures to try to see better the rendering of smoothing traces of molding

WRPpl.jpg

DyK43.jpg

ql8bY.jpg

gQGqy.jpg

k0d2G.jpg

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
small package arrived tonight

mOP9G.jpg

I could not not open it to see it
smile.png

it reminds me the time, no worries it's good quality

an assortment of photos because according to how is oriented the purpose of tel, it changes the color

Ay8da.jpg

A little job of the morning before going to visit a house with suspension workshop.
So I disabused Mrs. Seat last night, the foam being a little deformed up against the tank because of the one that was badly mounted when I had the bike so I let the night that it takes a little shape and start this morning the implementation of the seat cover, as it's super easy on today's motorcycles with flat stools and flattening quite deformable, as I did not remember it was also boring at the time
So it is not fully stapled, the time that the cover gets in shape and relaxes a little to eliminate all the folds (one that resists in the hollow of the lift on the tank) it will be beautiful on the motorbike
smile.png

vAqw9.jpg

RNxGV.jpg

7PE3a.jpg

Aya0o.jpg

L94kA.jpg

5dEV2.jpg

Top Bottom