Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Loving it ... cant wait to see this thing done!

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
Hi all
not much new since, it's still on stand-by, but I received a bag of Pro Circuit stickers for temperature control and the shock spring preload nuts.
it doesn't take much to be happy, as Balou would say

8Qbo7.jpg

O18D2.jpg

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
This is an amazing transformation. Like an MX version of Lazarus only a bit longer than four days :-) Keep the pictures coming!

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
Hello All

containment Covid-19 requires and not the possibility of going to do the work of my new house and workshop (15 km therefore prohibited, I would have to be within 2 km)
suddenly I do not advance on the restoration since I have no place to work, the bike is completely in pieces so in the boxes it does not take up space.
I therefore finished covering the radiator fins, since it was not found in new ones, unless I found a model of another motorcycle that could be mounted on it.

wOna9.jpg

and some pictures from before

5N2q1.jpg

L2lQO.jpg

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Nice work on both the bike and the video..........

Mully

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I see that there is no one here on this forum, so I will not continue to post my photos and comments.
I have to piss off people with my motorcycle restoration topic.

Goodbye TT_TT
This thread is AWESOME!!! I love this. Great Photos and a excellent work!!! Keep it coming.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Where is the video?

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
You my friend are VERY Talented!! I am stunned at how well this is all looking. I learned about zinc plating through this post. You make my new(ish) bike look OLD!

I can't wait to see more.

Could you tell us how you restored the fuel tank?

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
You my friend are VERY Talented!! I am stunned at how well this is all looking. I learned about zinc plating through this post. You make my new(ish) bike look OLD!

I can't wait to see more.

Could you tell us how you restored the fuel tank?

Thanks for the talent ;-)

For the tank I already talked about it but I'll tell you again, no problem

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
1st / water cleaning, dish soap, baking soda and a green scotch brite sponge
2nd / sanding under water with body sandpaper, grain 120, then 254, 400, 600, 800, 1200, 2000, 4000
in 3rd / light heating with a heat gun, just to revive the color and make it shine.

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
the days pass and the restoration of the motorcycle is still on stand-by, as long as I have not integrated my house and my workshop or I should start work soon.

small reception of the day, the stickers for the radiator fenders and those that will take place on the fork with the old KYB logo.

gGkq7.jpg

kdn2b.jpg

VNEdZ.jpg

akE4e.jpg

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
Good and well cracked, since I sold the footpegs I had taken at the start for the 250 CR.
There will be grip under the boots, they are beautiful and the weight gain is just impressive.
don't worry guys i plan to blunt the tips ;)

qDxy9.jpg

gDwrK.jpg

kD4Q9.jpg

V2yZ7.jpg

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
All these pieces and parts coming together . . . looking forward to it starting to look like a dirt bike again.

I was figuring you were going to do a full restoration, but seeing some of the modern bling you're throwing at it, we're going to see one healthy-running resto-mod.

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
Hi everyone, I know it's not a very funny subject since we haven't seen any reassembly of the bike and its progress yet, but I still haven't been able to start working on it, so I continue to receive parts in view of its reassembly, which I hope will stimulate you a little

the result of some small parts for the reassembly of the motorcycle, that I had ordered more than 2 months ago now, I thought that I would never have them, but hey one is missing, I hope that it will be delivered to me shortly.
there are the rear pad springs and the brake hose guides, the centering pads and studs for the installation of the cylinder on the crankcases, the crankshaft key, the spring washer of the clutch nut, the 2 countersunk screws for one of the gearbox bearings ....

8eG5b.jpg

Oegmx.jpg

0YmXJ.jpg

xWmjo.jpg

Z0nDl.jpg

yWK5g.jpg

YO3QA.jpg

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Take your time and do it correctly. I will keep watching your progress. I cannot wait to see the completed project.
Mully

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I LOVE this thread!! Keep it coming and we really love all your work. You are making a fantastic bike!!

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
I had a few parts to order for my clients' suspensions, I took the opportunity to add 2 small parts for the CR, it will end up as a factory bike if it continues. ..

ad4JZ.jpg

3D9dj.jpg

nJZK1.jpg

9E1d3.jpg

GX9Pa.jpg

bonus
VJd3V.jpg

Last edited:

Maxx MRP

www.maxxracing.fr
So today Sunday I have a little mechanical pleasure
I start to work again for the 250 CR.
The spring fork that I had mounted on my 450 CRF will therefore become the fork of the CR and therefore disassembly for maintenance but also and above all to redo a preparation suitable for this other motorcycle and my new lighter weight.
I will also follow the reflection of my son who complains about the hardness of my suspensions and therefore also ride more flexible in springs (which will also be the case for the shock absorber and also on the 450 CRF).

To compensate for the flexibility of the springs, especially in the fork, I am going to replace the factory spring collars with models used in Supercross, in order to still have good resistance from mid to end of stroke.

I will take the opportunity to anodize the sleeves and the feet, as well as do a treatment on the divers (probably DLC, unless I find a great plan for the multicolor as at Pro-Circuit with a well-placed price, which I could then propose to my clients)
Some pictures .....

N0noW.jpg

PZPOb.jpg

4OGE8.jpg

2oKEx.jpg

oVNqL.jpg

8yPbx.jpg

Oxp8l.jpg

041E3.jpg

Top Bottom