paper racer

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
I'm 32 and thinking of trying a little motocross raceing. I can get a 91 yz250 for 1200 canadian. 5 hours on rebuilt motor. New handlebars, new gears, new levers. Sound to good to be true or what? Thats about 800 american.

NEMX305

~SPONSOR~
Mar 25, 2001
If overall its in pretty good shape, then thats a great deal. just make sure you go through it really thoroughly.Linkage , swingarm, headset bearings, and just overall condition. I've got cheap bikes before and had them get real expensive fast just because I wasn't careful enough. good luck. Tim

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
What does rebuilt motor mean? Was the top and bottom done? If the bottome wasn't done I would at least take off the side ignition cover and check for crank play. Leaky shock/forks seals and break pads are a few others I would check.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Is it an $800 bike or a good bike for $800? It sounds like it's the latter so it's probably a good deal. Good advice above about checking the bearings. Other than that, if the bike runs good, I'd buy it.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
sounds good to me...
Is this a bike that he has actually been riding and not a repo from someone that owed him money?
One thing ive learn to check on a used bike is to look at the water in the radiator and make sure its green, and not milky. also,, if his air filter is good, then he's probably kept up other parts of the bike,,, so,, if its ready to ride, don't smoke like james bond's motorcycle,, then it sounds good to me...
good luck....

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom