souphmars

Mar 8, 2004
allright this is a long 1-the bike was bought by a friend, the motor was off the frame, the carb was off and such-another friend of mine put it all back together, started it and it ran a little while-the guy that had bought it, had bought new rings, so the guy that put it back together put the rings in it-well it took forever to get it started, then for a while we had to run it wide open to get it to run-well after a while it would idle-it is running like crap- i am just looking for places to start-we r goin to tear into the carb, and see what we can see- r there any other ideas???just looking for some suggestions, and thanks to all who posts

dan4011

Sep 12, 2004
besides cleaning and checking the carb, i would check the jetting, and check to see what the compression is like.

souphmars

Mar 8, 2004
well from kicking the thing-the bike has superb compression-i don't know if it was me but it had a ton of compression-the 2 other guys said it was strong also

dkinaev

Mod Ban
Oct 16, 2004
* Change your plug?
* Try 50:1 fuel/oil ratio with a quality oil
* Clean airfilter / no restrictions
* Check reed valve and flip petals over to seal better if needed (if they are not completely closing)
* When cleaning carby use a quality carb cleaner with a little tube connected to the nozzle, and spray though all passages
* Make sure the jetting is right on
* Make sure there are no internal coolant leaks (check plug for milky / bubbly stuff)
* Check for junk in you fuel tank and carby float bowl. Also check that the fuel hose is not kinked
* Check for exhaust restrictions - maybe heaps and heaps of spooge in pipe's expansion chamber. - drain it.
* Getting a bit off topic.. but check also for crankcase leaks. Just check for holes especially around where the cases meet. Make sure magento cover is sealing well.

-Those are just some ideas

-Cheers,
-Dmitri. :)

kickstartkx

Mod Ban
Jun 7, 2004
i know a guy with a 94 cr 250 that allways starts really hard (like 40-50 kicks) but i think the main problem is that its a honda sell it and get a kawasaki

Kyleb15

Oct 8, 2004
I'm am not too sure baout 250's, but I know that 125's dont have alot of commpression. Nothing like a 4 stroke. Maybe the piston is in backward or the rings not on right. I am not sure just throwing in my 2 cents.

Top Bottom