johnnybravo

Dec 1, 2003
:bang:

FOR SOME DAMN REASON, I'M NOT GETTING SPARK AT ALL. I TOOK THE PLUG OUT, PUT A BRAND NEW 1 IN AND STILL NOTHING. TOOK IT OUT AGAIN BUT KEPT THE SPARK PLUG CAP ON AND GROUNDED IT TO THE CYLINDER AND HAD A FRIEND KICK IT OVER AND STILL NO SPARK??????? WHERE DO I CHECK NOW???? AND WITH A METER WHERE DO I TEST IT.....
i KNOW ITS NOT THE cdi BECAUSE I HAVE 2 AND TRIED BOTH PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPPPP :bang: :bang: :bang:

reelrazor

Jun 22, 2004
For some damn reason all of your posts come up as all capital letters on my screen.

Check for a problem at your kill switch or in the wire leading to it. It often gets kinked where it goes around the steering stem and grounds out. The kill switch grounds the coil and stops spark. If its' wire is bare anywhere and touches teh frame it will be just like holding the kill button down.

That's the first place to start. In fact if you follow it back from the switch to the coil/wire harness and unplug it, that whole circuit will be out of the loop. Check spark then. Mind you, don't run it like that or you will NOT be ABLE to shut the engine off(unless you dump the clutch or choke it into submission).

gunslinger45

Mar 5, 2004
A bad stator would have probably manifested itself a little less abruptly. A gradual loss of power on the top end and more difficult starting. Your issue sounds like a bad wire or a bad CDI box. Also check that your plug wire is still good and tight where the boot meets the wire. I have seen these get so loose that you have to cut the wire and reattached the boot to the wire because it gets frayed form being handled alot. (most boots just screw into the wire).

Trev

johnnybravo

Dec 1, 2003
the frame was just powdercoated, so i'm also wondering if its not getting bare ground to the frame, but last week it started fine first kick even after the painting.... i will deffinitly check all the wireing.
thanks again

Do you think it might be the 2003 carb??

reelrazor

Jun 22, 2004
Do you think it might be the 2003 carb??[/QUOTE said:
Umm, not likely that the carb has ANYTHING to do with spark, AT ALL.

At least in my world.

If anything, since repainted, try removing the spark coil and scraping the paint off its' mounting point. Check all connector blocks, use contact cleaner if you have to(you have to). Goop them up with dielectric grease(any auto parts store in the trailer section).

johnnybravo

Dec 1, 2003
thanks for the reply,,,, i will be grinding off any grounding part for the magneto.. I'll try to find the dielectric grease,,,, getting spark has been such a pain in the ass, or even to get it started.....

any suggestions on my carb soution, a 2003 cr 125 carb on my 96 motor......will it work??????

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom