AmBull

Dec 15, 2004
For $1600 this is what the owner is saying about it. SOund like a good deal??

"It has shroud graphics. All the plastic is in excellent shape. It has Renthal 7/8 bars. It also has a Pro Circuit pipe and silencer and full Pro Action suspension. The bike runs great and the suspension is awesome. I can get some pictures if anybody is interested."

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
You will have to see it and check mechanical integrity with the suspension and do a compression check, ask him about maintenance. The price is ok, but you may need to do a top end possibly. Good bike, but that year was terrible for cornering, first year of the Al frame. Good power, suspensio is ok, always had front fork seal leak at least once a year. Tell him 1400 and that you plan on putting some money in the maintenance. Check it out that is important and ride it! Then make offer. Fair deal it sounds.

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
I have a 97 And the bike is great to help the cornering issue i dropped the forks in the triple clamps and I can ride with just about anybody the 97 has a bad rap but i love mine. Biggest thing is look at what needs to be replaced or maintained.

blanc

Dec 18, 2002
Yeah 1500 max...personally if its a sound bike 1700 would be a great price too. Every used bike needs money put into it!!

Mike R.

May 1, 2004
I think

That is a good price.
The 97 CR's are killers and its about 90% hype on the harshness you hear.
Most is hearsay that never have even ridden one and the others are people that take the Mags with to much seriousness.
I own one and its awesome and like Cniele said it can hang with any other bike np.

Top Bottom