HSK1

Nov 19, 2005
I was just wondering about the gearing on my bike it has 13/47 which i am told is standard.
i was wondering about changing it to 12/47 to bring gearing down abit would this work has anybody tried it or have you got any other ideas
thanks]
the bike is only used for trail riding

KDX CRAZY

Sep 22, 2005
Yes it will work , as the smaller the front sprocket the lower it will make your gearing .
If you search the forum you will see that it is done often .

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
This is a fast, easy, cheap and common change on KDXs. I have done it for years. Easy to change back if you do not like it. Biggest plus compared to changing the rear is that you do not have to worry about chain length or chain guide worries.. Ride safe Cheers John

ons597

Nov 21, 2005
A smaller front will work but it is harder on the chain as it bends it more sharply. Ive ridden a kdx220 for years now with the stock gearing and rarely use first gear,if ever. Im actually thinking of going to a larger front to get some more top speed for the starts and staight sectioins!

HSK1

Nov 19, 2005
speed is not a problem as it has plenty of that. Most of the stuff we ride here doesn't have alot of stright section parts and when it does i basicly have only made it to 4th gear if im lucky i would just like some more lower gear power for the tight twisty stuff

Top Bottom