Joseph23

Sep 29, 2013
Just aquired this bike in a trade, bike cranks fairly easy even if cold.when cranked it will stay around idle rev for as long as needed but when given any good amount of gas it shuts off, will crank right back up. Took the carb off didn't really get to deep into it but took the bowl off any blew through jets everything was surprisingly clean. Out everything back together still the same.We pulled the plug it was black and kind of wet with what looks to be oil but overall didn't look to terribly bad in my opinion and don't even know if the plug was fouled if it would crank and run that good. Any help would be greatly appreciated and is is my first post.

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
Depending on how long the bike idled I'd guess your crankcase being full of fall out premix. Carb: have look at the needle position, everything lower then the middle raise the position one slot.

Also a good idea to have a look at the piston. Used bikes usually don't have new pistons and an old piston shattering would do some damage.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Pull the carb, clean and blow out all orifices with compressed air. There is a jetting guide at the top of this forum. Follow the directions and jet the bike properly. There are other things that can be wrong or out of adjustment but start with a clean carb, fresh pre-mix, and a new plug.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom