Aug 14, 2005
im 14 year's old an this is my first time havin a 2 stroke an the bottom end blew out of it .. so i took the motor out an got it all fixed an i put the motor back in an hooked everything all up .. i went to start it an it started up .. when it was running it was reving way to high an i wasnt giving it no throttle like the throttle is stuk but it isn't .. an i think it has to do somin with the carb but i dunno

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
if the throttle is working look for a air leak. the top two spots to look for one would the where the reed block seals to the engine or the carb boot, and the main baring seal on the left side of the engine.

kuchera89

Jul 9, 2004
i recently put my top end together and when i started it, it reved like it was full throttle. plug up the pipe and start it(hold it in so it doesnt blow out) use the plug to regulate the rpm's, it may just have excesse fuel that needs to be burnt off. if it dosnt die down.turn it off and take the carb off and see if it is stuck. mine ended up being that when i put the gas tank on, it pinched the trottle cable and was wide open. but it felt like it was closed.
acually id start with the carb coming off and checking cable route! good luck!

windsormw

Aug 8, 2004
I was over and took a look @ his YZ

The only real thing i noticed , was th case have didn't apper to have a gasket ( @ all ) just the RVT make a gasket stuff . Now i'm not sayin thats the prob.

But i took the flywheel cover off and crabed the crank . gave it a wiggle , A kockin sound when i wiggled it ( had to put sonme mustard on it ) Just a bit of move ment . But I did a crank bearing job on my rm and the outside race is pressed into the case and the inside race is shrunk fit on .

maybe its me , but i can't say for sure . What i needed was a ottle of oxygen . Spray it in the seal when the bikes running and if the RPM's rasie . Its the main seal

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
IIRC some of my yamaha's specified yamabond and no gasket as the proper way to re-seal the case halvs. Don't know if that is the case for the bike in question though. Still, it should be fine with the sealant. The crank should not make a knocking sound when you try to move the flywheel. Could you determin where the knocking sound was comming from? Were the bearing races moving around in the case where they should be pressed in? Was the bearing itself worn and loose?

good luck

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom