2001 RM250 running poor after new exhaust

gene22

Sep 5, 2007
Hello,

I just installed a Pro circuit Pipe and R304 silencer on my 2001 RM 250. The bike runs like the choke is on even though it is definately off. The temperature is between 40 and 50 F. The jetting is stock (162 main, 48 pilot, stock needle (3rd position), air screw 1 1/2 turns). Only other modification is a Twin Air filter. Do I need to rejet. If so, does anyone have any suggestions? I plan on riding the bike in an indor track where the temperatures is between 40 and 50F.

Thanks,
Gene

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I had the same bike and exhaust set up but I forgot the jetting I had going. Call Pro Circuit and they will give you the jetting suggestions. It doesn't make sense that the bike idles high now though, the pipe shouldn't cause that. Was anything else done? Did you happen to pull off the carb and there's air getting into reed cage side prior to the head? I'd check the carb and make sure all is well. Does it change rpm when you choke it? Check the throttle cable and throttle tube. Spray carb cleaner around the carb while it's running and see if it gets sucked in near the reeds. Let us know what you find out, good luck
Elk

Top Bottom