Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
O.K. here's my take on these bikes. I own a 02 CR and my friend just got a YZ. On Saturday I was able to ride both bikes and compare and I feel That MXA Mag. is way off base with thier shootout report. As for as both bikes right off the showroom floor the YZ is a very sweet bike. It has got good low end, is jetted properly(runs real clean), and the suspension is awesome. It is a great bike, but so is my CR. After reading the shootout issue I had my doubts if I bought the correct bike. Now I Know that I did. The YZ's style of power is not what I expected( it feels linear not the CR). The article makes it sound like this bike has tremidous hit and it doesn't. It is very good down low stock(the CR needs jetting and a good pipe) but the CR IMO has a much harder hit and pulls a lot better. The CR weight and frame has a better feel than the YZ.
I guess when you give these mags enough money they will say anything you want. Honestly the YZ is a very good bike but it does not dominate every catagory as the article says. This is just my opinion I tried very hard not to be bias. But I learned alot from this test, which is I think both bikes have more power and ability than I will ever use, but next time I read an article that is suppose to enlighten me I will take it with a grain of salt and do my own research. :silly: ;)

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
MXA, Biased? NO, SAY IT ISNT SO. :confused: In the real world, sometimes I have a hard time believing them. Now I don't want to start rumors, but I heard from a guy who knows a guy that knows a guy that Jody has a new blue tuning fork tatoo on his :moon:

Top Bottom