tsherv

May 6, 2008
I bought a 2003 KX250 that is in new condition (all stock). The guy bought it new in 2006, and it sat in his garage until I bought it. The problem I have with it is, on the track, the bike just beats the heck out of me! I'm about 6' tall and 185 lbs. Everything about it just feel rough. I'm not a very fast or agressive rider, I can clear most doubles on the track I ride, but I'm just out there for fun. I'm having a hard time figuring out if my suspension is too hard or too soft. I don't seem to be bouncing around, but I also don't seem to be bottoming out. All I know is it feels like it's beating me to death. It wears me out quicker.

As a comparision I had a 2004 RM250. The suspension on that was great! Felt like I was riding on a cloud.

I'm not "in love" with the KX250. I'm thinking about selling it, and really don't want to stick a lot of $'s into the suspension. Anyone have any adjustment recommendations? Is this bike known for bad suspension?

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
00-04 kawis are tough on suspension. It is the valving mostly. 05 they finally put in a twinchamber KYB fork and that helped a lot.

Best bet is to revalve the forks and shock. They do have a great motor, so just putting a little into the suspension will make the bike really nice for you.

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
I realize this thread is 5 months old, but I read it while doing a search and thought what the hell ...... I have that same bike (2003 KX250) and had the same issue (getting beat to death), but Matt hit it on the nose !!!! I revalved my forks and rear shocK and the bike just floats now. If you can't do it yourself, spend the little bit of change to get it done cause man that's a great bike with endless possibillity ! Besides the suspension, I put Boyseen Pro Series reeds, a Pro Circuit Works pipe w/shorty silencer and I've yet to ride a better bike. I'm not saying there aren't better bikes, but I'm not just bragging on my bike either. The reeds and exhaust will make that bike a lot faster and playin' with the suspension will allow you to enjoy all that speed & power !!!! The 2003 KX250 is one to hang on to !!!!!

Top Bottom