mrdrummer1818

Jun 22, 2013
ok so ive had problems with this bike before but none like this the bike starts and runs just fine but no matter how hard i pull up and how much throttle i give it i cant get it to wheelie i thought it was just my skill untill i took the bike riding and got good speed going up an incline that was not very steep at all the bike bogged down and died yet again thinking it was my skill i had a friend try it (he hill climbs) and it died on him too it seems to have no low end power what can i do to fix this

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
It could be anything, or a collection of a lot of things.

Proper jetting would be a good place to start.

How long since the top end was rebuilt? If it has been 9 years your top end might be shot. A new piston & rings could do wonders. It could also need a valve job. If nothing else, run a compression test on it.

Have you adjusted the valves recently?

If the bike is bogging down during a sustained run then I would also suspect a fuel delivery problem. Try cleaning the carburetor. Make sure that the screen inside the gas tank isn't clogged.

There are too many possibilities and not enough information for us to really help here.

Rod

mrdrummer1818

Jun 22, 2013
yes the valves were redone at the begining of the summer and the topend was redone and it only has about 8 hours on it sence then jsut because of the sports i play i havent had time to ride it im sure the carbourator is very clean but i could be wrong and how so i determine if it has the proper jetting ive heard that a bunch but i have no idea what to do i also heard it jsut could be running too rich

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
If it ran ok before you parked it and now it won't, it is probably the carb. The ethanol fuel blends are screwing carbs up. If the bike was parked for 2-3 months there is a good chance some of your jets are clogged up. Take it apart and inspect all of the jets and make sure they are clean.

Top Bottom