2005 cr500af who makes the best pipe? cr500

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
i just gave a deposit on a 2005 cr500af and they asked if i wanted the fmf or pro circuit pipe combo (i have a few weeks to deside before they ship the bike)and i have done several searches and still i am undesided witch pipe do i get.from what i got so far the fmf has more hit and bottom end and the pro circuit has more top end and is smoother with less hit i'm leaning towards the pro circuit (smoother sounds good on a 500) but then again i am getting a 500 because i do like a lot of low end grunt.its tough to deside witch pipe if you have never riden the bike!!!! anyone have a newer cr500 with a pipe what do you think of it :think: ?

oooo ya i cant wait to test ride im spring i will be sure to post my findings

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Hi John, got your email.

I like the FMF because of the bottom end and hit. The PC is smoother and would work better in slippery conditions, but don't think that it will make the bike "slow". MA may suit the PC better.

Either way you go the bike will be a blast - enjoy :aj:

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Don't worry about losing the bottom end. No matter what pipe you put on that bike it will still have plenty.

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
i figured that, but its just that right now i have the option to chose but not after i recieve the bike right now im going with the pc unless many others say fmf

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
CR500 Pipe

I have owned three CR500's starting with the 1988 model which by the way was my favorite one. I too have droped the cash for a 2005 CR500AF. I will go with the PC pipe over the FMF. I ride Motocross in AZ and the tracks are hard pack and slick. The PC pipe on my previous 500's had a smooth transistion from bottom to top. The FMF pipe hits hard and you don't need that on a 500 with 60HP anyway.

Top Bottom