zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I don't like them. They're OTB, with zip off legs. It's mostly the zip off legs I don't like. My Troy Lee Moto pants didn't get to me in time for my 4 day ride, so I went to the local Cycle Gear & picked these up.

They're made well, and now have more pockets than the first Apocalypse pant. Also, there's a new belt closure that is really good. It's a big strap with velcro closure that works very well. But I definitely notice the zipper right at my inner knee and the spandex type material right above the knee sort of sticks to my knee, making the pant feel a little grabby (you know, like when you're wearing blue jeans and you're sweating, and you're bending down & squatting, and standing up, and they sort of stick to your skin). The fact that the zipper is right there exaggerates the feeling. I don't like it. I didn't, however, notice it when I was really riding hard, which was good. It was just around camp, or when puttering around behind my nephew.

Also, the one big pocket on front isn't a cargo type. It's like a regular pocket, but with a zipper. It's deep, but hard to get your hand into, especially with gloves on.

My Troy Lee Moto pants were waiting for me when I got home from the trip :think: and I think I'll like them better. I sort of had a feeling I wouldn't like the zip off legs. Some folks said in another thread that they don't notice them, I guess it's just different from person to person.

Top Bottom