xxroosterxx

Aug 12, 2018
I have an 07 125 and I just purchased the 411-ytr-1201 for my bike. As I was breaking down the engine, I found a spring (smaller than the diameter of a pen spring), but longer in length inside the engine on crank case side. I am concerned it might be from some kind of a gasket, but I am not sure so I thought I'd ask you guys what you think it could be. If it is part of a seal, help me by telling me what seal, so I can replace it while I have the bike apart.
Thanks!

Bob W

Attachments

• IMG_1794.JPG
    IMG_1794.JPG
    446.2 KB · Views: 376

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I have an 07 125 and I just purchased the 411-ytr-1201 for my bike. As I was breaking down the engine, I found a spring (smaller than the diameter of a pen spring), but longer in length inside the engine on crank case side. I am concerned it might be from some kind of a gasket, but I am not sure so I thought I'd ask you guys what you think it could be. If it is part of a seal, help me by telling me what seal, so I can replace it while I have the bike apart.
Thanks!

Bob W

It looks like the support spring for a seal. The trouble is they all look the same so try and figure out the approximate diameter of the seal from the length of the spring and it should give you some idea which seal it came from.

xxroosterxx

Aug 12, 2018
Ok, so based on where it was found, how many seals could there possibly be? I found it when I took off the crank case cover, so I'm hoping there is only 1 or 2 seals to inspect.

As a side note, there were a few other pieces of this spring laying around in the oil, but no rubber or any other foreign object that would lead me to believe it was a catastrophic failure of some sort.

xxroosterxx

Aug 12, 2018
It looks like the support spring for a seal. The trouble is they all look the same so try and figure out the approximate diameter of the seal from the length of the spring and it should give you some idea which seal it came from.

Ok - I found out what the spring was from, it was from the starter clutch. I pulled the Rotor assembly and found the starter clutch on the back side of it. Of course when I pulled of the rotor the starter clutch was broken into about 10 different pieces and it all fell into the oil pan.
IMG_1808.JPG
STARTER ONE-WAY AS 4TU-15590-00-00

Top Bottom