the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
They moved aside rather quickly - 8,600 RPMs will do that.

Also - new pics have been added to the thread. Get thee to the post - don't delay!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Yesterday it hit 102 which was the warmest day ever recorded in Seattle!! Feels pretty good though.

It rained pretty hard for about an hour when we were on the Iron Butt ride. It was really cool actually - the expected temps scared alot of guys away from the ride but it turned out to be very nice.

I'm hoping to ride again this Saturday - mountain singletrack, here I come!

When are you guys gonna visit me?

Did Scott sell my Husky yet? :^)

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Looks like you've put on a little weight. :yikes:
Actually, you're looking more and more like Ricky Carmichael every day.

:rotfl:

Attachments

• heavyeel.jpg
    heavyeel.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 287

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
ummm .... that's not me, holeshot

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
You are correct, sir. In 2009, I'm still wearing the 2003 MSR System X gear I bought in 2005. MSr is tough stuff. It is time for some new gear, though.

Placelast - how are things?

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
placelast said:
Hotshot: clue - look for the guy wearing the bargain gear...though matching...

That is opposed to the hand me downs that I use, not matching of course.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
2strok4fun said:
That is opposed to the hand me downs that I use, not matching of course.

Now, now: my sons are not to bicker on just how papa passes on his treasured, well-worn threads - matching or not...(though being fair and favored has its perks).

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Hey ..wait a minute ..Placelast is in Cupertino? What happened to New Mexico?

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Done with NM for the moment; company transfer.

If you promise to be less grumpy and bring a trail bike rather that one that splits my ear drums I'll show you some trails around Green River/San Rafael Swell/Moab spring of '10. That invitation is for my son Chris as well...thumbsy...scar...kelso...except bundy: he uses my bike stand to change his CRF's oil...

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
placelast said:
Done with NM for the moment; company transfer.

If you promise to be less grumpy and bring a trail bike rather that one that splits my ear drums I'll show you some trails around Green River/San Rafael Swell/Moab spring of '10. That invitation is for my son Chris as well...thumbsy...scar...kelso...except bundy: he uses my bike stand to change his CRF's oil...

Gotta do this.

Picture Dad leading all us young uns around the San Rafael Swell...

Lets plan it!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I could do spring 2010 but I need a reliable commitment ... it's a LONG drive for me, unless the Husky is fixed by then and someone can drive it up - then I could just fly down. :boss:

Last edited:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I'd be in if we did it over spring break. Otherwise, I ll be in full baseball mode.
It sounds very cool and after this year, I could use a guys get away.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Lastplace:

For sure, I get grumpy with anything that involves tenting - drives me nuts.

I was about to say that my daughter will be starting college in San Fran in Sept .. so I'll be up that way. She's been asking to ride, but I wouldn't let her in case she bonked her head and wouldn't remember anything for her HS finals. I still feel the same way as she entering college (she likes jumps, and that often leads to head bonkage).

But then I see you're speaking of Utah - Mormon country. Over 600 miles drive (whew). You know, it sure looks interesting, and I'll bet there's some fun stuff, but the Frisco area has some cool stuff as well.

Just thinking out loud on the net......

How about that Eel character trying to fly in like a factory rider?

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
placelast said:
Email me and I'll send out the plans I have in mind.

Ill get back at you tomorrow. Ill forward possible plans.

Top Bottom