Brian&Brian

Mar 8, 2009
So what are you guys thinking on the new 2010 TC250. I've seen pics and every test rider said the bike is a amazing rider. People have broken lap time records on this bike and the motor is incredibly small and there lighter than 125 2strokes. There is only 100 units being shipped to the USA and my friend and local Husky dealer is getting 5 of them. 3 are spoken for with $2000 + deposits. The bikes come with the best of toys. (Rims, Bars, Best Marcuzzi forks, ect..) and i only half to pay $6000 at the most but most likely less. So the real question is are the 2010 TC250's all there cracked up to be at a all over bike??? Heres a pic for any body who hasn't looked http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/Media/News/TC250_right-side.jpg

DennyDenny

Aug 24, 2009
Yea it's supposed to be pretty wicked. I’ve been excited since I read the first few reviews on the pre-production model. Here is a funny quote from dirt rider.net "Also, the bike must have a 13,000:1 compression piston in it. My first clue came when I tried to kick it and the bike bit back with a return kick to the bottom of my boot." That's very uncharacteristic of a 250-f. My RMZ250 is like starting a 125. If the right rider get on this bike things could get interesting.
And I must say that it's gota be the sexiest bike I've seen for 2010 so far. But it's gona be kinda hard to put numbers on the sides. Those panels are tiny as hell.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
first off they have the KYB forks. Much better than the mariachi (sp?) forks. Still has a Sach shock.

But reliability and parts availability is beyond poor. If you dont mind waiting on parts and fixing broken motors, then might be a great bike for you. If you want something you can ride, get a mainstream japanese bike

DennyDenny

Aug 24, 2009
^^+1^^

If I were loaded and had multiple bikes to beat up on, then I'd maybe consider one. Cuz damn they're sexy; however I only have one bike and know what it's like to miss out on a portion of a perfectly good riding season due to parts availability.

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
I agree with Matt. I bought a 2004 TE 250 with a cracked case as a project bike for $800 a few months back. The thing poured oil when I bought it. I fixed 99% of the leak with JB Weld (the cases are $1000 from Husqvarna in case anyone was wondering) I thought I was going flip it and make $700-$800...ended up making about $450. My point is that the resale on those bikes isnt great because (as stated) of reliability and availability of parts. That was a sharp looking bike...but thats about it.

Brian&Brian

Mar 8, 2009
Matt90GT said:
first off they have the KYB forks. Much better than the mariachi (sp?) forks. Still has a Sach shock.

But reliability and parts availability is beyond poor. If you dont mind waiting on parts and fixing broken motors, then might be a great bike for you. If you want something you can ride, get a mainstream japanese bike

The motors are said to be most reliable. And my dealer gets everything husky quick. plus im smaller so the weight counts

Brian&Brian

Mar 8, 2009
DennyDenny said:
^^+1^^

If I were loaded and had multiple bikes to beat up on, then I'd maybe consider one. Cuz damn they're sexy; however I only have one bike and know what it's like to miss out on a portion of a perfectly good riding season due to parts availability.

Thants true. But lets not get started on KTM 250f n 450f With the plastic oil pump pin

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
I live in Dallas, TX and can buy parts for any type of Japanese bike within 5 or 10 miles. The nearest Husky parts supplier was at least an hour drive...that speaks volumes. You can buy all types of good parts on Ebay for Japanese bikes...search for Husqvarna and you will get near nothing. I wouldnt buy one unless I was filthy rich. If you are a rich man, go for it.

By the way..its Marzocchi, I have been riding Marzocchi mountain bike forks for years...they are excellent forks in my opinion.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Well these are not mountain bikes. They are far from sorted out with MX bikes. Maybe pit bikes, but not full size bikes.

reliability has been beyond poor on huskys. Broken cams in half, cranks, piston pins, dead batteries, bad starters, broken frames, suspension is so far unbalanced it is unsafe. That is the previous models from a few of the locals that believe in them and race them regularly. Last 250 and 450 lasted 3 laps brand new off the showroom before having catasrophic failure. I think since they whore them out at cheap prices, people think they get a great deal on them. Great deal since you cannot ride them.

This is a new bike, so reliability may or may not improve. BMW has taken them over so hopefully things get better. But have you ever tried to price out a part for a BMW? Good luck there! Need a taillight bulb, no you get the whole assembly for over $50.

tdeglass1

Feb 2, 2010
Husky Reliability - Better Than Good

We have a local racer here in Boise, Idaho, that is known for thrashing bikes. He tends to blow them on a regular basis, regardless of whether it’s a four-stroke or a 2-stroke. He just went through a new Yam 450 and a new Yam YZ250, toasting both of them within a few months. Last I heard, he was without a ride due to damaged bikes, and he has no repair funds.
Previously, this rider had ridden Husky’s. He rode all sizes, and was competitive, even dominant at times, on the local scene. I talked to one of the Husky mechanics who repaired and maintained his bikes, and he said that this rider had gone through 60 gallons of gas on one of the Husky 450’s prior to a rebuild. When they tore it down to replace the valves, they only had to adjust them. The valves and cams were good to go without any need of replacement.
My daughter rides a 2008 Husky CR 125, and this little pinger rips! We have to put a new piston in it now that we have a year of track use on the bike; but, the bike has 60 hours on the clock, and we are just now replacing the original piston! That is pretty good reliability in my opinion.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Be Ok if the local dealer will let you canabalize (pull) parts off bikes off showroom floor . Thats what my experience had been . Had alot of experience with this brand and although they are getting better I think it will be up to BMW to bring them to mark. They sure LOOK trick

Top Bottom