Tonyklem

Mar 2, 2006
I have an 82 RM125 and i have been working on it the past couple of days. at first it wouldnt start at all, then i noticed it was missing the pilot air screw. So i just got that in and put it in yesterday. I can get it to roll start now and it rides around a little, but it seems like there NO power down low, and once it gets up to a certain point, it bogs and wont go higher. I tried adjusting the flaots to factory specs(because they needed adjusted anyways). It was easier to start but didnt run any better. Also, when its sitting still it will not idle and when i try to give it a good bit of gas it jusy kind of bogs. Im fairly confident this is either a carb or timing issue. The bolts on the timing plate were all the way to one side of the slot and i tried moving them to the middle and didnt notice much change. Can anyone confirm my diagnosis? And if so, give me more info about these symptoms.

Thanks
Tony

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
first i would ground the spark plug to the cylinder and see how much spark you are getting. any spark will ignite, but will not always be enough.

next i would check the resistance in the internal coils(stator coils)

also look at you plug after you get it running like you said and see what it looks like. it sounds like it is very rich.

if so i would try raising your needle clip one position and make sure your air screw is out like 1 turn or so.

if none of this works and i will try to help you out some more :cool:

Tonyklem

Mar 2, 2006
well your right, it is running rich. i pulled the plug right before i came in and read your post and it had a film of black soot.

whats the best way to clean that off? ill try moving the needle and let you kno what i find out.

Top Bottom