mxer1973

May 25, 2002
Hello All. I the new owner of a 91 cr125. I came with a pro circuit platinum pipe and shprty silencer. This is the first dirt bike I have owned. I am used to 4stroke quads. Yhe problem I am having is with loading up at low rpms. I am not experienced riding so I slow down for alot of turns. If I get "out of the pipe" for just a few seconds it tend to load up the pipe and I have to clear it out before I get any really power back. Recently I talked to the shop that did the last topend before me. They informed me that the cut the slide 1mm but ran the stock jetting. I recently changed to a fatter needle and one size down on the pilot.(stock is a 58, now running 55). It is better, but I feel that the loading can be cured with some work. After reading alot of posts, I do understand that the 125 just doesnt have the low end of a 250 or a 4sroke, but I want to try an eliminate the loading. I did read one about the setting on the choke and am wondering about that. On my choke know is shows adjustment, but it just says"idle" . Sorry for the long explanation, so here are my questions:
#1 will the "choke knob" change my low end loading on this year cr125?
#2 should I try leaner pilot jets? (I can get them locally over the counter :) without having to order
#3 The shop told me that the slide cut made things much better, but the guy never brought it back. Should I cut some more, or work with other things first?
#4 What type of riding is the pc platnimum pipe best suited to and could this be part of my problem?
#5 Should I just say the hell with it and get a 4stroke bike, lol
#6 I read somewhere that someone had place more "spring tension" on their cr powervalve. How do you change it and could this be a problem by any strange chance?
Well thanks in advance for any info. Please keep in mind that I am not looking for more power on the bottom, just looking to try to eliminate the loading if thats possible. Oh by the way I am running 32:1 with a very fresh topend(new piston and rings with good compression)I use the honda snythetic premix with superunleaded. Well I hope I can get a few insightful replys and see the light on which path to take right now, lol.

Patrick

Top Bottom