2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
On my new to me ‘94, there are no lights on it, just a number plate and regular rear fender. The wires and the regulator are there, found them wrapped up and tied to the frame.
The actual socket for the head light bulb is there, so that much is obvious. There are also two other wires with it on that end.
Towards the rear there are two wires with connector and two more loose.
Up front, besides the headlamp wires, what would the other 2 be, a switch? Connect them for lights on? Was there a high and low beam?
As for the rear, did it have a brake light function, or just a light?
Thanks in advance!!

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
looked at it a little more today.

Up front the feed is three wires....Yellow, Red, Black,
The red splits off into 2 as it approaches the headlight area.

The headlight socket is A Red and Black.
Additionally, there are the other Red and the Yellow, they have been cut and have no connector/s

In the back, there are 2 connectors with 2 wires each.
one is two Blacks
one is a Red and Brown

The Black from the headlamp socket, the Yellow up front, and the Black/Black connector in back all go to ground.
The Red from the headlamp socket, the 2nd red up front, and the Red/Yellow socket in back all conduct. (+) then.

So no brake function then....Im thinking there was a handlebar switch for on/off.

Im going to tuck them away for now until I get some lights for it.

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
looked at it a little more today.

Up front the feed is three wires....Yellow, Red, Black,
The red splits off into 2 as it approaches the headlight area.

The headlight socket is A Red and Black.
Additionally, there are the other Red and the Yellow, they have been cut and have no connector/s

In the back, there are 2 connectors with 2 wires each.
one is two Blacks
one is a Red and Brown

The Black from the headlamp socket, the Yellow up front, and the Black/Black connector in back all go to ground.
The Red from the headlamp socket, the 2nd red up front, and the Red/Yellow socket in back all conduct. (+) then.

So no brake function then....Im thinking there was a handlebar switch for on/off.

Im going to tuck them away for now until I get some lights for it.
I was lucky to ride a 89 kdx-200 back in the day, it had the then new fmf gold series pipe and bark busters. I rode that machine and I was impressed with the power band, yeup I said power band, and its handling. If all dealers came out with inexpensive dirt bikes like that then i would be a happy camper. Enjoy your machine, its a great ride!

dirtrut

Dec 5, 2008
yep, you on the right track. attached is wiring dia for your bike..

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    330.3 KB · Views: 880

Top Bottom