mike.coppell

Jan 22, 2013
hey guys i got a yz250 94, not long did full rebuild re sleeve on barrell etc, been running mint as and its been fun till i went to go out and couldnt get it started, ride previous it wouldnt idol, played with cables and thought i sorted it, am running a b8es due to no br8es in stock, was running fine with it anyway, so now all of a sudden it wont start, i am getting spark and there is compression. The weird thing i noticed is gas flowing out a pin hole i have in my exhaust, its dripping out while trying to kick over which i have never noticed or seen before, im hoping its the carby but before i start ripping it apart i want to know what else it could be or any simular storys???? help!

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
sound like you float level is way to rich (high) and should you let the peacock open over night your bottom end kinda fills up with premix.

mike.coppell

Jan 22, 2013
Ok what do you mean by peacock?
And how would my float level change by itself?
Petrol doesn't come out the overflow pipe either?
Yet it seems to be dripping like crazy out a pin hole at front of my exhaust, it doesn't even almost start yet I have spark, is there anyway the carby could be blocked up and cause too much fuel?

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
well when you ride the float bounces and it could chance.
And the peacock is the valve you open so the fuel can get to the carb.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Lol, I think he means PETCOCK. That is the fuel shut off valve on the tank. Two strokes will always start filling the pipe with fuel if they don't start. As you kick it it's sucking fuel through the carb and into the crankcase and pushing it out the exhaust port. I'd start by getting a fresh plug. Turn the gas off at the PETCOCK and hold the throttle wide open while you kick it with the old plug in there. Kick it over a dozen times or so. Install the new plug. Make sure the air filter is nice and clean. Turn the fuel back on and try to start it. If no luck, remove and clean the carb. The float height shouldn't change at all on its own. A good rule of thumb is to set it so the float valve seats with floats parallel to the bowl seating surface. The float valve may be worn not allowing the floats to properly stop the flow into the bowl when it's full, usually in an mx bike this will cause fuel to run out the overflow tube before it has a chance to get into the crankcase. Go through the simple stuff first and report back.....

Top Bottom