A Question about fasteners, Yea, FASTENERS.

Mar 25, 2008
Ok Ya'll, Ive got a question for ya. Im rebuilding a 88 Honda TRX250R Quad and alot of the factory bolts are grungy looking so I know the only way to make them shine again is "Off to the wire wheel" The problem is.......Which im sure everyone probably already knows, Is that after doing this the plating will be removed and they will get progressivly more & more rusted looking over time. I dont want to paint them because that always ends up looking "Cheesy" Is there something I can coat them with to restore that factory look to them or am I doomed to just buy bolts new from my local honda dealer at 2-10 dollars a piece. Well Im hoping to hear some good feedback on this.

Thanks in advance Ya'll

Stuart

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
The Eastwood company sells a small cad plating kit that actually works pretty good. It will do white cad and if you take the time to polish the finished part, you will get a nice bright silver cad look. The kit sells for about $70 though. You can buy a lot of OEM nuts and bolts for $70. There is also a lot of work involved in preparing the part for plating.

Click on the Service Honda link on the left side of the page for better prices on your OEM nuts and bolts.

IMO, it's hard to beat OEM.

Nova427

Jun 9, 2009
I found a bolt kit that has OEM styled bolts... They look close to originals, and you get like 150+ bolts and washers for like $45.00. The site won't let me post a link, but I did a google search for " dirt bike bolt kit " the 3rd link or so was off road motorcycle pro pack kit or something... Great looking kit, check it out...

Hope this helps...

May 10, 2007
on the car me and my dad are restoring the bolts that we didnt replace we just cleaned them up with a beadblaster then painted them with a clearcoat of something from eastwood but i dont remember what it is right now.

Top Bottom