IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Is there anything planed? I know I would like to do a mini-fest at LBL for the end of October or Beginning of November.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
It's really starting to sink in now, aint it Irish! I was about insane last year when this place was all at Casey, IL. I was stuck working in Wisconsin, no bike, and no wheels to even go to spectate.

We'll see ya at DW03!

Where is this LBL located? I'm looking at doing more long range travel for riding next year.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Land Betweeen the Lakes. Furthest western portion of Ky.

Phillip, I'm sure we will do something soon this fall. I will need a few days before I'm let off of detail once I return from DW. I'll try to get my honeydo list done and do my homework right after I get back so I can be let off the leash as soon as possible. :)

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
We can't do a big ride at LBL until November. The VSTA Loretta Lynn ride is the last weekend in Oct. and alot of people will be travelling to that ride. We need to give a couple of weeks between LL and LBL so more people can make it. I'm thinking maybe around the 3rd week in November. We'll definately get something cooking after Dirtweek.

RoosteR13, click below for LBL info.

Land Between the Lakes

Phillip and Jay, you guys need to join VSTA and come to the Loretta Lynn ride. Every year, it is by far, the best trails I've ever ridden on. Last year was a 21 mile loop, with 13 miles of super fresh single track! I think there were around 800 riders last year! Scott Summers even showed up one day. :aj: Dirtweek is a great event with friends, but the LL ride is an unbelievable ride!

Last edited:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Stop Teasing!!

Corey, when we finaly get to meet (and you can pummel my butt in the ground) we will talk about the VSTA. From this point on I am stricktly opperating on what Moose95 has told me. That is that you are one person not to mess with!!!!!

"The ones cowering in the corner"

Phillip

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Shoot, with your military training, you could twist my butt into a pretzel before I could say Yamaha! ;)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Whoo Hooo! Everyone is home safe let's start the planning! :thumb:
Provided the funds and work allow me ;)
Oct. 18th-20th or 25th-27th?

Phillip

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Thanks for the link CAL.

After this last week at Cooperland and the Stillwater 500 Acres, I am convinced that driving is a small sacrifice to get to ride new places. Even though I dreaded the drive home more than anything, it was all worth it. Irish, come hell or high water, you had best be at DW03, no matter where it is. You can have a good time even if you don't ride. I watched Tony Eeds break his toes twenty minutes into the week, and he still had fun even on crutches. there were others that were hobbled up too, and they all had smiles on their faces.

I will look into LBL, and hope to join you guys sometime.

I met and jammed with Jaybird, but I don't remember meeting you CAL? So many faces and names, and my Dale Carnegie training isn't working like it should. :eek: :)

2001yz250

Mar 27, 2002
25-27 Oct is the Loretta Lynn's ride. Irish, you should try and come down to hillbilly country and go to LL as well as everyone else that can make it. I'd like to ride with as many DRN members as possible. (actually, I'm already working on finding a ride to DW03. :p )

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by wheelie4strokeB

Irish- Do you got your eye on a new bike since youv'e been working at the MC shop?

Yup, I have three in mind but it won't be untill next Aug. after I recive my commission.
  • KDX220R
  • KLX400 w/magic leg

And to top it off, I am trying to weasel YZ400guy's thumper off him.
Decisions, decisions ;)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by 2001yz250
Irish, you should try and come down to hillbilly country and go to LL as well as everyone else that can make it.

Hell all I have to do is step out my front door, and I'm smak dab in the middle of it! :)

2001yz250

Mar 27, 2002
Originally posted by IrishEKU

Hell all I have to do is step out my front door, and I'm smak dab in the middle of it! :)

Yeah, I guess that is right! :) I should have said 'more southern hillbilly country'! :confused: I believe Loretta's MX track was built on the exact spot where Jed was shootin' at some food! :)

motormichael

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
I would like to meet and ride with bunch of you guys at the LL ride. That is, if you don't mind me tagging along. Is everyone going to camp there? I could also make it down for the LBL ride in Nov. Mike

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by 2001yz250
25-27 Oct is the Loretta Lynn's ride. Irish, you should try and come down to hillbilly country and go to LL as well as everyone else that can make it. I'd like to ride with as many DRN members as possible. (actually, I'm already working on finding a ride to DW03.

I'll try and get my schedual fixed for work, and if your willing, we can hook up in Clarksville on I-40 for the trip out to LBL and mabey on the DW03 caravan. :thumb:

Originally posted by motormichael
I would like to meet and ride with bunch of you guys at the LL ride. That is, if you don't mind me tagging along. Is everyone going to camp there? I could also make it down for the LBL ride in Nov. Mike

I'll be camping, and if you plan on hitting LBL more than a couple times a year it pays to buy the yearly pass for $45.00, otherwise the 3 day pass is $15.00. Also there is an $8.00 camp fee, but they really don't enforce it.

Phillip

2001yz250

Mar 27, 2002
Originally posted by IrishEKU

I'll try and get my schedual fixed for work, and if your willing, we can hook up in Clarksville on I-40 for the trip out to LBL and mabey on the DW03 caravan
Phillip
That sounds great, Phillip, as long as it's not on the weekend of the 10th. There is a SETRA enduro that weekend that I will either race or work it. I take it your not going to make the LL ride? :ugg:
I will be at the LL ride along with some guys from Volunteer Riders of Knoxville. They usually rent a cabin and everyone camps around it and uses it for showers. I will be riding, well, a 01 YZ250(imagine that), with the number 211 on it and an oversize white gas tank, if any of you guys want to meet and ride together. Motormichael, look us up and your more than welcome to ride with us! :thumb:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Whoo Hooo!

Work is a non-issue, owner and partner who is in the middle of a divorce decided to put me on leave, when Oct. 30 rolls around I'll renegotiate my job. I am clear for the next two weekends at LBL! :thumb: I won't be able to make the first weekend in November due to my OCS obligation but will have the next one. Depending on where Turkey Day Falls I am taking a week to go see Moose95 and family in VA for a "Crusteation Thanksgiving" YUM YUM! Those will be my last riding dates of the year seince I am flying to the folks in the "Land of the Frozen Chosen" in NH for a three to four week stay for X-mass. I could delay it for the first week if there is a ride planed though ;)

Lets hear some dates people!
JayBird! Where you at man? I thought for sure you would be done with that "Honey Do" list by now! CAL, we really need to get togeather for one of the dates I have free, keep me posted!

Phillip

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
BTW, If you can make it on any of the weekends I posted YZ400guy and I will have some first aid for any "Rug Burns" here is me in action ;)

Attachments

• turkeys_00026-1.jpg
    turkeys_00026-1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 160

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom