BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
I remember the hot Montesa setup was to mate a 360 top end with a 250 five speed transmission. I almost bought a 414VF back in the day......it was a beast!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Even back in the day, I would have had a smile a mile wide myself, that set up is unimaginable! I remember Ossa day at Redbud, purple?, fiberglass and a bunch of fun,,,

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Plus 50 class

I'm there but the bike is NOT ready! I didn't notice the guys jersey (really). I knew a guy that had a few of those and some tacos. I love the old stuff!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Uchytil said:
I'm there but the bike is NOT ready! I didn't notice the guys jersey (really). I knew a guy that had a few of those and some tacos. I love the old stuff!
I do not believe I would have looked at the jersey if I had known it was a hot female riding it! But the bike, its a beauty, AJS.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Ahrma At Ptr

whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Nice pics, I had to look twice to see if Phil took them! Portland eh, I have not been there , yet! Racing the older bikes on today's tracks is nuts. That track looked suited for the time? Thanks for the heads up on race fees also Badgerman, ouch! Good thing I know they still run vintage classes at the local ama races. Not as many stink'in rules, or people trying to get into my pockets!

We go to great lengths at PTR to accomadate the vintage bikes when they come to our track, we try to give them the same track they would have raced back in the day, nice natural terrain gran-prix style MX track. :cool: We have been around since 1968 & remember our roots and the bikes and people that supported us to get us where we are today. Thanks again for posting & sharing the awesome pics!!!

Dave Leathers.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Ahrma Race Fees

BadgerMan said:
I was intending to ride on Sunday until I discovered what it would cost. Apparently, AHRMA has become a distinct and separate entity so riding would have required AHRMA membership ($45.00) plus another $45.00 to ride one class plus $25.00 for additional classes AND $15.00 per day per person gate fee ($120.00 for the weekend for the four of us)………all for thirty minutes of fun. So……what the heck am I going to do with an AHRMA membership until next summer when the series comes back to Michigan, unless I am able to travel around the country and race? Frankly, I don’t think they are going to survive on their own.

All that said, it was really cool to wander around and look at all the old bikes. Some of those guys go incredibly fast on pre-1975 bikes with virtually no suspension. Good show.....I will go again next summer for sure.

Badgerman,
We DO NOT set the fees for the AHRMA events we have to charge what they tell us to, normally we charge 10.00 gate & 25.00 race fees as do all of the other CLUBS in district 14. If there was another option for running a vintage national we would be on it, unfortunally AHRMA has done a good job of being the only gig for vintage mx racing with large numbers of riders to make an event profitable. As with any organization they are not without their problems(ask Corky Root he is one of their officers) We hope we can continue to run vintage nationals for years to come, they are a GREAT group of people who have a passion for vintage mx bikes & racing them!!! :cool:

Dave Leathers.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom