Leester145

Nov 16, 2005
Alright im gettin (slightly irritated)

I got a 1973 dirt bike, ive put about 100 dollars of crap to fix this bike and done alot of stuff to it but it doesnt seem to be improving. I dont know what to do with it and its my first bike. I thought it was gonna be sweet to have a 250cc now im not so sure anymore

this is (slightly irritating) me off!! I feel like i wanna sell the bike or something. :bang:

Clean it up a bit - Patman

Last edited by a moderator:

bleeds

Oct 17, 2005
I can understand your frustration, but we might be able to help some if you give us a description as to what it is doing..
Bleeds:)

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Your working on a '73 model bike and you've only spent $100? I'd consider myself lucky.

Mark

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Spending $100 on a bike anymore cen be a rear tire, tube, and pair of brake paids. Having an inkling of what the problem is, what you did and what you really expect from a +30 year old bike might help.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Leester145 said:
I got a 1973 dirt bike, I feel like i wanna sell the bike or something. :bang:

Clean it up a bit - Patman

Never buy a dirt bike that is older than you are!!!

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Wouldn't that be like saying, "I married retired crack whore and I spent $100 on new clothes but she still smells funny and I can't take her to family functions!!!! What do I do?"

Maybe not. But I agree with Nickyd. Well worth the time.

Flummo

Oct 9, 2001
Well, everybody might not agree with me, but in my opinion a 1973 isn't worth the money and work needed to get it up and running if it isn't in very good condition to start with. A new piston and rod probably costs more than the entire bike is worth, and that is if you are lucky to find the new parts! Don't get me wrong, I like old bikes and cars, but a 30+ year old dirtbike is hardly the best choice if you intend to use the bike. I would be looking for something more like a 1993...

Top Bottom