E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Yah, since we couldn't go riding in Reno - I decided to post our "instead of" ride..... :)
==============================
Howdy Pilgrims!

Well, we finally got Susan’s (The Ant) Honda CRF250X all back together this last week.
Full annual maintenance, check/grease/adjust everything, and had Darryl of Suspensions by Design do a full fork/shock service (found a cracked seal).
We also installed of Susan’s Christmas “bling:” new tanks shrouds, new Rooster Performance radiator guards, Honda radiator fan kit, and a 10 oz. Steahly flywheel.

We were sure phsyc’d about going to Reno for the Annual DRN Moonrocks ride over this President’s Day weekend – but it was a good decision to pass with the Canada Express cold air rolling in – plus Reno was getting snowed on. “Wa-a-a-h-h-h-h” We were in the low 20s w/ 30-40 mph winds around here as well! (major cold for this area...)

But after a month of rain, cabin fever, and working on the dirty_mo-mo’s for-e-v-e-r ….we just had to get out for a ride.

Got up Saturday morning (still in the low 30s, oof!), loaded up the Scooby, and headed off to Diamond Mill closer to the Oregon coast.
And ta-da! It was gorgeous! Hardly any snow, just enough to make things pretty here and there, blue skies, sunshine, NO wind, and temps around 40-50 in the afternoon. Incredibly nice conditions.

[If I can figure out to post some pics here - I will - got some pretty ones! - rb]

Very light crowd – except for all the freekin’ pit squids racing up and down the parking lot. <Gggrrrr-r-r-r-r-r…..> I was starting to look for any broom handles laying around. But…. they don’t go more than a ½ mile from the parking lot so we had the trails to ourselves. <grin>

But we had a ball! Ran around doing all the easy/medium trails so Susan get used to the new, heavier flywheel.
And my new ’06 KTM 450EXC……? I l-o-v-e it… <g>

The only down side to the day was the late start (due to work) – so we decided to do it all over again on Monday!

Cheers! - RandyB (“E-Ticket”)
=============================

We did have a blast, looking forward to going out again today. (New shrouds aren’t new anymore.)

Special thanks to Roger and Scott for riding my bike and recommending a heavier flywheel – haha, now I know all my previous crashes were not my fault! First gear is now useable and chopping the throttle doesn’t immediately throw me over the handlebars --- accidently hitting the gas too hard doesn’t instantly pitch me off the back. We went up Jones Creek trail and it was easy and under control, yippee – Randy doesn’t like hearing about my “close your eyes, gas it and hope for the best” technique.

Now I just need to practice more! I wanna ride I wanna ride I wanna ride!
-Susan ("The Ant")

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom