KLX'r300R

Apr 30, 2005
Hey, like I said, new rider from Midwest City.
Been riding for almost a year and have been loving it.
I started out on a 1980 Honda XR200; the ones with twin rear shocks, if you call those things shocks but I think of them as a hard-tail, wear-yourself-out in an hour and make your body ache all day. I would have to say though, it was a good cheap starter bike but way to small for me. By the way, I am 6'-4"so that bike might have been better if I was not as tall. After a couple of months, my best friend who was riding a Kawasaki KLX300R, then turned to the dark side when he wanted to go with Big Red. "Big Red", that he got was an XR650R, so he let me buy his Kawasaki. After making the jump all I can say is, man what an improvment this bike is over that XR200.
Having are new rides, we have been tearing up the trails. Since then, I/we have been riding on the South Canadian River at Purcell, Exit 60 - Sandhill ATV Park/trail, Lake Murray State Park and the largest park/trail I have been to, down in Texas next to the Red River near the city of Muenster.
Exit 60(on I-35) - Sandhill ATV Park; $10 fee, no facilities, has a MX track and good size trail park, trails marked with caution/danger signs. This place has a lot of hill climbs connected with the trails, but most hills have alternate trails to go around. You want to bring your A-Game with you here.
Lake Murray State Park; $7 fee, with facilities, paved parking, real good place to ride mostly flat trail riding, with some tight areas. Overall, one of my best places to trail ride.
Red River near Muenster, Texas; I was just there, but I think the price was around $10, no facilities(that I seen on the camping side of the property), this place has everything, its got flat trails, Hill Climb trails, tight wood trails, sandy area of the river and everything to wear you out in an all day ride.
Like i said, was just there and was really impressed by this place.
I have been to Lake Stanley Draper and I didn't care for it, funny because this is only like 5 miles from where i Live.
My friend has been to Little Sahara State Park and he didn't care for it as well.
If any one has been to some great places hear or near Oklahoma, let me know?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Draper is 7 miles from where I lived, and still have a house (Choctaw.. wanna buy a house? :) )
Always more room here for Okies :cool:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

I see where you have gone to your User CP and updated information relating to your location. Grab a spot on the couch. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Check out the Heartland Spodes forum and the North Texas Smack Pack forum for opportunities to hook up with some great folks.

There is a group at Muenster nearly every weekend.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that DirtWeek will be coming to a race track near you this fall and we expect that you will be there. Y'all need to check out the greatest event on earth, DirtWeek! DirtWeek 2005 will soon begin to stir. Held every fall in Stillwater Oklahoma, DirtWeek has become the premier family event for many of the members of the site. Last year we had Kenny Bartram, Guy Cooper, Malcolm Smith and Larry Rosslier stop by for riding and bench racing. Check out the site at http://www.dirtweek.com. Additionally all the forums relating to past DirtWeeks can be found near the bottom of the main forum page, check out DirtWeeks past forum.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

eazy-duz-it

Apr 28, 2005
WELCOME KXL'R 300R!!! Glad to see another MWC rider in here. Im new here myself. So far there are some great things to read and some really good people to meet!

Okiewan...I used to live in Choctaw! Matter of fact, went to high school there. Now I live in Midwest City...almost in Choctaw really (i'm 2 miles west of Choctaw City limits). But nevertheless...good times, good times! :) Glad to some Okies in here! :cool:

KLX'r300R

Apr 30, 2005
easy-duz-it, thanks for the warm welcome. You said it, good to see more and more riders from around here. I tell you, in side of this last year, I have seen more people riding or at least hauling there bikes around than I can recall. Glad to see it.

eazy-duz-it

Apr 28, 2005
haha...funny stuff! Okiewan - Yea, when I lived in Choctaw, I was between 29th and 44th on Tripple X. Now im near Reno & Post.
KLX'r 300 - I have also noticed the increase in bikes lately. Glad to see it too!
Now that Draper has officially closed...I wonder were local riders will go till the new portion of Draper re-opens!!!???!!!

eazy-duz-it

Apr 28, 2005
yea i seen a lot of people out there last weekend...made me wonder why they were still riding if it had been "closed".....hopefully the new place will soon open.

Top Bottom