Any Thoughts about possibilities of next year

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
Well stupid me made a stupid mistake and instead of buying a YZ250F this year I bought a Gibson Les Paul guitar. Well this summer I plan on working feverishly almost every day and buying a new bike around Oct./Nov. I was thinking that based upon this year's CRF 450 and this years YZ 250 F what should next years be like(possibly). Or should I get a 03 Baby Blue this summer much earlier.

Thanks for all replies. Please don't move this because I am truly more interested on thoughts about next years' models, not about which I should get.

rider-man82

Jul 7, 2002
you are a tall kid. and you're probably not done growing but just because you are tall doesn't mean you should jump up a class. do you fill your 125 or 250f isn't enough power for you, do you fill cramped on the bike. it all depends on what you fill good on. i'm 6'0-6'1 195 22 years old and like riding my 125 but when honda makes the crf250 i'm going to get that. my brother has a cr250 and i love riding it but for the type of riding i do i'll never use all the power.

GASGAS18

Apr 25, 2002
If u want to go Red, and want something like the yz250f. Then wait until the end of the summer when the CRF250X comes out. Its the crf450's lil brother with a headlight, and electric start.

It also depends on what type of trails you will be riding.

trout

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2003
When will the crf250x be available? The website says dec '03 but that seems like along time. When do they usually release next yrs models?

-Tiny-

Apr 2, 2003
Originally posted by trout
When will the crf250x be available? The website says dec '03 but that seems like along time. When do they usually release next yrs models?

I was told July at the earliest for the 250'r'. Not so sure about the 'x'.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I would be very surprised if you even saw one by August. I have bought a few KXs in July or August, but CRs tend to come out earlier.

Don't feel bad about that Les Paul, I blew a wad years ago on one of those and haven't regretted it a bit. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, like the sound of a Les Paul through a Marshall (all tube) and a 4 x 12!

Last edited:

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
You are right there is no sound better through my Marshall than a Les, but i bet a PRS 10 top wouldn't sound too bad.

-Tiny-

Apr 2, 2003
Originally posted by motometal
I would be very surprised if you even saw one by August. I have bought a few KXs in July or August, but CRs tend to come out earlier.

Don't feel bad about that Les Paul, I blew a wad years ago on one of those and haven't regretted it a bit. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, like the sound of a Les Paul through a Marshall (all tube) and a 4 x 12!

Well, I should know by mid May when the local dealer makes their bike purchases. When the crf250r is released, I'll be there with a checkbook in hand.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
If you want one you better put a deposit on one before hand. I put a deposit on my 2001 YZ250F the summer before it was released but there were already 2 people ahead of me.

Ivan

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom