nick414

Feb 1, 2002
I was thinking Menifee. Near Elsinore. How far is that from you? But I'm open to new spots too. Where you thinking, exactly, 'cause I'm not familiar...

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
I'm not familiar with Menifee. Looks like I'm about 45 mins from there. What kind of riding is it/what kind of riding do you do? I had been thinking of going to El Mirage, but like you, I'm open.

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
Ok, I'll check again Saturday morning. If nothing else, I'll be at El Mirage, around 930 or so. Black Dakota, Moose gear, KTM 400 EXC, I'm usually parked just off the lake on the front entrance side.

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Sorry, Had to run some errands. Call me on my cell @ (858) 449-3877 if you wanna do menifee. Kinda variety of terrain. Shhh ...N

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Sorry to have missed you last weekend. Ended up going out of town very unexpectedly to chase the almighty dollar... worth it though. Going to try to ride Sat. Perhaps Menifee or Otay? Or maybe some place called Marshall that's up by you I guess? I hear they hang glide there, but my friend says it's fun trailing...

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
Can't make it this Saturday, gonna play some paintball. If I'm not too beat up, I may be riding Sunday though. Never heard of Marshall, where is it?

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Looks like I'm workin' Sat too now. It's Sunday too or nuthin'! It's above the college, San Bernadino community something, I think. Glen says he thinks we can park there and sneak out. He's red sticker, and I'm no sticker (long story) even though I tried, so incognito is good. I thought you'd have some info! ...N

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
I think Nick and I are gonna try and get something going this weekend, seeing as how we missed each other last weekend. If Nick's up for the drive though, I'm in for Silverwood. Thanks for the invite, and I'll post here or in the other thread when we get it figured out tomorrow. By the way, how's the knee doing Jeff? And if I don't see you, just make sure you don't lose your keys.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Knee is doing very well.

I think Mike might join us. I will zip tie his keys to his wrist. :laugh:

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
You know, with all this stuff I see here about tutu's and who know's what else, I think Mike got off easy with the key thing. As for me, I went out that very next week and got an extra key made and one of those magnetic key holders to stash on the truck. When its my turn, I'm gonna do a completely original move.

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Glen say's Marshall is West of the 18 at Waterman Ave. He used to live in Crestline, and really wants to ride Silverwood, but it'll probably have to wait for a Saturday since it's such a long haul from here. Maybe though...

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
Originally posted by YZandrew
I think Mike got off easy with the key thing.

Are you kidding? I spent 8 hours that day for 2 1/2 hours of riding. :uh:

My wife reminded me we have a birthday to celebrate that day. I'm out for Silverwood. Hope to make the next outing.

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Looks like from out available time frame, and considering neither of us have sparkys or green sticks... Menifee is the spot for tomorrow, but definitely want to do Silverwood in the near future.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Name a date, and give me a couple of weeks warning so I can get the kitchen pass. I'm jonsein to ride Arrowhead again. The end of the month is out though. (Musical.)

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Hey YZ did you make it? You probably called, but I have no idea where my cell is... I called you about 8:45, and that's the last time I remember it. I fear I put it in the back of my truck, and when I call it, it doesn't ring, so it's either dead or broken. I went to the gas station at about 10 when I got there to call you and then realized I didn't know your last name, and 909 was the only #! So I headed to the antenna. Sorry if I missed you, I rode by myself until about 3:30 and finally hit this one jump that scares me so I could feel I progressed, and then found a cool watering hole called the Stagecoach on 76 on the way home. All Harley's out front and I pull in all stinky with a Kawi and a Toyota... But everyone was cool, and on Sunday they serve dinner free (included?), with beverage purchase. Sam Adams is only $1.75 pint too. Anyway, I only saw about 5 people all day, and the only Yamaha's were Warriors. Too many wheels... Bottom line is the road is still passable, though it doesn't appear so, and the houses are getting closer, but it's still rideable.

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
Yep, I was there. Kinda. I got there about 10:20, and couldn't figure out exactly where we were supposed to meet! I ended up sitting at the corner of Menifee Road and I think it was called Girbani or something. Saw a Suburban head up that dirt road to the antenna, so I gave that a shot too, but I didn't see anything. I tried your phone, but it always went right to voicemail. Left you a few messages anyways, but I figured something was up with it. The worst part was I know that I was close! I headed out to El Mirage, but I was just too beat up and tired from paintball to really ride. Figured I was better off heading home before I got hurt. Next time though for sure!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom