Are all factory clutches same for all years of rm80?

leadfootz28

Jul 12, 2009
i have an rm 80 expert and was sold to me as an 01 but the vin is f'ed up on it so i dont know the exact year.i need a new clutch and was going to order a clutch kit from motosport.does anyone know what years have the same clutches...ex do all 2000 and up have a diff clutch than the 90's ones or did they pretty much all have the same clutch setup.i dont want to order a 01 rebuild kit and not mate up.
thanks for your help

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
2001 and older are the same, buy new heavy springs while you are at it. Expert is same engine as the standard size version.

leadfootz28

Jul 12, 2009
so 2002 and up are different setups?im going to be rebuilding all the plates and springs for sure...can you suggest an aftermarket kit or should i stick with stock..i dont race or anything just ride trails occationally

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The Tusk kit from Rocky Mt. MC is a good value. The easy way to verify if the '02 uses the same kit is to check the part numbers, you will find that the '02 and up usually turns up with a different number.

Not sure how you plan to rebuild the plates, I typically just replace the fiber & metals with new fibers and OEM steel plates.

Top Bottom