velosapiens

Mar 18, 2002
a thread on ktmtalk got me to thinking.... what if everyone brought a case of their favorite local brew to mix and match and taste with others? i live in tahoe, so i'm handicapped. i'll have to bring something from elsewhere in california where they brew decent beer instead of getting stoned and going snowboarding, but still? i would be interested in trying some of the lesser known beers from various people's hometowns. what do you think?

actually, we have tahoe red, which is drinkable, but not really outstanding. i could bring some of that.

-mark

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Dirt week seems like the place. I've thought about brewing a batch of beer for it, but work always gets inthe way and I've never made it :|
Good idea, maybe it'll be a tradition.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
SFO- I'll drink your swill from the flask if no one else will ;) However, last weekend my cousin got my tastebuds warmed to JD.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
MrMXer327 said:
We were supposed to have a homebrew contest at DW03, but it never happened. Dang... I had some killer homebrew along with me.

Hello!?!?!?! I was there and had my tasting bib on every night!!!

I will toss on a case or five of Shiner Bock. It used to be a "local" Texas brew, but now they are branching out and it is sold in various locals around the nation. No doubt the last time Shiner made it all the way to Canada is when I drove through Ontario a few years back. I headed back to Texas when I got down to my last six pack. It is a LONG drive from New Hampshire nursing one six pack. :laugh:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I'll bring some St. Stan's for you guys, Modesto's own micro brew.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
How bout some Moose Drool? Yum!! Good stuff. It tastes better from a keg than in a bottle though.

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Just brewed 10 gallons of Double I.P.A. but can't bring it in the Toyota, bummer. My favorite off-the-shelf beer right now is Humbolt's Indica I.P.A. I'll try to bring a rack.
Cheers, Endoquest

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
local brews

i'll drag over some ales from 'kelly bros', manteca's own. The have several good ones. my current fav isn't local but I love 'Fat Tire' ale from Colorado. :thumb: I relate to the name for some reason... :whiner:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
gospeedracer said:
BEER BAD! :debil:

BEER GOOD... People who drink to much beer, bad
:think: :) :laugh:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I'm thinkin' totin' a case of Leinies on the plane might cause some concern......then again, it might be a good thing?

Top Bottom