lub997

Oct 3, 2006
Does anybody know if a front wheel from a 1969-71 Yamaha DT1 or an RT1 will bolt right onto a CT1 front fork without any trouble, or is there a better way to go about puting a 21 inch front rim on my CT1? I hate having an 18 inch front wheel because there is not very good tire selection available for 18 inch front wheels in offroad tires, so I want to convert it to a 21 inch front rim. I'm thinking about buying a DT1 or RT1 complete front wheel off of ****, but don't want to waste the money if it's not going to work on my CT1. Does anybody have thoughts on this?

kingbrian

Jul 20, 2006
i had a 1970 ct-1 175 that i put a dt front end on i believe it was around a 76 dt i think.. i did it for the travel as well because the ct was a great bike minus the 2 inches of fork travel. (sarcasm, it had to have been atleast 4 inches)

lub997

Oct 3, 2006
Would an RT1 triple tree fit a CT1 frame? I found a 21" RT1 front end on the internet that I'm talking to the seller about buying, but I want to make sure it will fit the CT1 frame. I don't want to spend a bunch of money for something that won't fit.

pryor

Oct 21, 2006
Yes it will fit I had one on my ct 1 for awhile, kinda heavy but worked good. I now use forks front wheel and triple clamp from a 1975 mx 175 this combo works real good.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Way back when, we had a CT-1 with aftermarket forks and a 21" wheel. Sure made a nice combination. Rode like a different motorcycle with the better forks and the 21" front wheel, and we kept it several years through several "replacements" because everyone liked it so much. Cheers John

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom