bruce_camacho

Nov 30, 2005
First of all, I haven't rode for 2 years. I own a 1999 Suzuki RM 125. I have a BIG problem with my bike. I remember riding, and all of a sudden, i heard this grinding sound (sounds like rocks hitting metal), and then my bike dies. heres the problem! I can't crank my bike! the crank is stuck or something. Is my piston broken? My crankshaft? I hear alot of different problems from different machanics, I haven't opened the bike up yet because i can't find a real good bike machanic. someone please help me! thanks alot!

Nathan Rubin

Jul 12, 2005
Or you can became an explorer and sergeant of the bike's heart. I think it is very exiting to disassemble the heart and try to repair it by yourself or at least understand what the problem is.

bleeds

Oct 17, 2005
Take it apart man.. Get the manual.. ask questions.. and go for it!! If you read the manual, and take your time, you cant really make it any worse.. and even if you cant fix it yourself.. you will have a better understanding as to what is in the buzzbox, and where the thunder is really coming from. Despite what you may have heard, that noise in the motor is not an angry demon.. !! hehe
Bleeds

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
bleeds has a point - however, a lot of people dive right in especially when the motor seizes - oops, did I give it away??? If you have been staring at the bike this long, you might want to take it to a shop....can you fix it? sure you can with our help and a manual - can you open it up and Figure out WHY this happened? not with the manual only - and sometimes not even with our help. anybody can bolt on a new piston and go riding - those who do that are sometimes back in 2 weeks saying "i just did my top end and my bike won't run" - maybe the crank seal went bad and the bike's super lean and will just keep frying pistons until you address the root cause. I hate to rant - but JUST today I had someone bring me a trashed cylinder - they asked me questions on how to fix it a month ago, I told them just what I said and they just disregarded it, ran a 3 finger stone hone through it (OUCH plated cylinder) and "threw a new piston in" - now instead of just a fried piston from a lean condition which fried the ring/piston at the exhaust bridge (which is what happened the first time) - this time the piston catastrophically failed at the same spot and trashed the right p-valve, the brand new piston and the cylinder. Ok, i'm done now...whew, where did that come from.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom