Bike wont start in gear on my 06 KX-250

SBC383STROKER

Feb 28, 2008
:( Hey,
I have a 2006 KX-250 and have 2 problems that i'm concerned with but do not affect rideability.
1.Bike will not start in gear of course even with clutch in. (annoying)
2.Bike tends to creep forward when revved in neutral (i think my clutch basket is worn)

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007
SBC383STROKER said:
:( Hey,
I have a 2006 KX-250 and have 2 problems that i'm concerned with but do not affect rideability.
1.Bike will not start in gear of course even with clutch in. (annoying)
2.Bike tends to creep forward when revved in neutral (i think my clutch basket is worn)

1. Most tiddlers will not start in gear, the drag of the clutch is just too much.

2. ?????? are you sure you are in neutral? gears are either in or out, and if it creeps then you are in gear and your clutch is slipping like mad.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Your clutch basket is grooved where the plates slide back and forth on it. It can be filed to get you buy and to let you know if that is the problem. This can be done for free then you decide when to buy a new basket. Do a search for clutch basket I am sure there will be good tips and maybe some pics.

Second guess is warped plates. Look in owners manual to see how to check for plates being warped or galled.

Springs may be bad. You can measure them according to owners manual.

Start by taking it apart and looking for grooves on basket. My Yamaha manual even show this in it.

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007
Now that I think about it, if your bike is moving forward while in neutral wouldnt that mean that one of the gears is too tight on the output shaft so it is engaged somewhat all the time?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom