Crash217

May 4, 2005
So DWreck-- How'd Scipio go for ya?!? I saw you got 2nd overall B Good work!

I spent the day pushing and herding the slower riders. Had a good day though.

Did you see the bike that blew up? I guess he noticed flames coming up between his legs, stopped and jumped off and within 15 seconds the gas tank blew up and he had to try and put out the fire that was quickly spreading through the woods! I think he has a couple hubs for sale now.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I'm happy with the way things went. It was a tough race. I felt strong through the entire short course (44 mi) but really started to struggle after a crash early on in the third loop. I knew the route sheet went to 20 miles on the third loop with no resets so I tried to keep pushing counting down the miles at every marker trying to visualize how far that is at the 500. A couple more mistakes and near crashes and I was really struggling with about three miles to go. I felt like I really had a chance to win and don't think I have ever been so relieved to see the check crew standing at mile marker 20.

Talking to others after the race everyone seemed to agree that this was one hard race. You just never had a chance to take a break.

My computer shows 62.6 ground miles with a top speed of 44mph. I don't think I have ever been this sore from riding. I stretched and pulled a muscle in my upper back this morning before I even got out of bed.

Jake beat me by 5 minutes. Although it only would have been 3 if check 4 hadn't been thrown out. He earned it. Looking at my mistakes on the last lap I can't come up with enough to make up 5 minutes. Luckily after he won overall B I got to take home a 1st place B. Not bad considering I just moved up a class. I know the rain scared off some of the competition so it will be interesting to see how I do against a full field of riders.

Oh yeah, I saw the bike on fire. I could smell it for about a half a mile before I saw it. It was blazing! The owner comes running at me yelling my bikes on fire and I'm like what the hell do you want me to do about it?

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Congrats!:yeehaw:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Enduro_Nut said:
I agree with the sandbagging part... what ya' say we boot him up to AA, that's probably where he belongs! ;)

Yeah right. The AA guys are beating me by a good 30 minutes. But if the rest of the year goes well I hope to ride A next year.

I saw you mention that you are wanting to do one in Arkansas this year. I want/need to make Train Robbers (June 8th). Busy weekend though. Hopefully I can get away.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I might be able to make that one. Remind me, if nothing else, I'll help defer the costs.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
BSWIFT said:
I might be able to make that one. Remind me, if nothing else, I'll help defer the costs.
Will do Brian.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
DWreck said:
Yeah right. The AA guys are beating me by a good 30 minutes. But if the rest of the year goes well I hope to ride A next year.

I saw you mention that you are wanting to do one in Arkansas this year. I want/need to make Train Robbers (June 8th). Busy weekend though. Hopefully I can get away.

I REALLY want to... we'll see! I need to ride the kids class, at the speed I'm riding I might beat a few of them!! :rotfl:

Top Bottom