MrThor06

Sep 28, 2004
What is the best over alll gear.. Jersey, pants Ect. Thor, fox, alpine star etc.. Will someone help me.. And what are the best boots avialible??? Thor t-30's, N other.. i need help withIn a decent price range max maybe like 200$$ Will sum1 PLEASE help me..

Susie

Sep 27, 2004
Good Boots are Important!

I love my Tech 8's from Alpinestar, but they run a little more (I think I paid 260). My hubby likes his A.star Tech 6's, a very good boot without some of the panache of the 8's. I see them for around 200 on sale here and there. I push the envelope and have yet to have a serious hurt, mostly because I use good gear and lots of it, I believe. I will get Tech 8s again, they are worth it!
Ride on!
Susie

dante

Mar 24, 2004
I just bought a pair of Thor T-30 boots for $125... I think they are pretty good actually... They are comfortable and seem to offer good protection... They seem really nice and stiff and really solid... Also easily adjustable for a good fit and can also be resoled as the sole is stitched on... However you get what you pay for and all of those companies you mentioned make great gear... I'm sure Thor has a 300 dollar pair of boots just like A-star, Sidi or Fox that are way better than the T-30's... I opted for cheap boots in order to outfit myself with complete riding gear that much faster... But if I already had everything gear wise I would have bought the Sidi Force Boot... I wear Sidi boots on the street and have been very happy with them... Also Sidi the company make riding shoes for pedal bikes as well as road race boots and I think they are the best... You can't beat the Italians when it comes to making shoes...

MrThor06

Sep 28, 2004
Reply:

Would anyone know decent stores in michigan like the Canton and plymouth Township area to go for the gear? or would it be better gettting it off line?

fow350

Sep 7, 2004
I think gear is really a personal choice. All the brands should be pretty comparable. I bought Fox gear, I have always had good luck with fox--seems durable and cleans up well. i got all of my gear online through www.midwestmoto.com. They have combo deals for riding gear that include gloves, jersey, and pants. I paid $120.00-$130.00 shipped to my door. There are lots of good deals online, go check it out. I also got the tech 6's and absolutely love them, jmo.

vic580

May 9, 2002
Recreational leisure in Farmington Hills sells Sidi and alpinestar boots.My favorite is Gaerne.I prefer Moose or Thor because of my sizes (xxl) and they fir very well.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom