Boyeson vs. V-Force Delta reeds ??

edburger

Sep 4, 2010
^^ the vforce kit does have a boot and reed cage, along w/ reeds. I've been looking at these too. I'm a newb, too, so all I have is my researching abilities, and I am not tech-savvy (although I CAN read and follow instructions--so I do as much as I can).

I looked on sites that cross reference by make/model. I found the vforce full kit on one parts site that did this, so I know there's one for mine ('92 KDX), I haven't found a boysen full kit yet - just reeds, although the jUST KDX tips mention the full RAD kit... so it should be available somewhere, or there's an easy mod/fix to fit one. from everyone I have talked to the reed upgrade will improve throttle response and power a little bit. I dunno about the idle tho. I think that's more mechanical (carb tuning?) You'd have to ask some one who knows more...

All I can say is when your looking for a part, do alot of research, look for reviews on catalog sites, write down all your purchase sources, along w/ model #'s, then ask around/post before making a final decision.
Good luck! It's a little work finding stuff for the kdx...

thanks for the link, matt. I will install and check it out... That "carb holder" (Reed boot, intake manifold? what is the right generic term for this???) stock from kawi was 56.99 + tax! For a freekin piece of rubber?...

Good luck in your search, it's an adventure finding out about a "new" ride.

omrik88

Dec 5, 2009
Thanks alot for your help Edburger! I appreciate it :)

I asked MotoTassinari and they said the right kit for the c3 is V313A . And it is sold WITHOUT the Carb Boot(holder). I think the same kit is suppose to fit all years KDX 200/220?, but check before you buy.
I have asked some other places and heard that the V-force kit should greatly increase throttle response,improve low end power,improve the engine's torque curve.
It does not make sense that they sell this kit without the boot.............
I guess if this is the case, i have to find a OEM boot and new reeds for my stock cage.
*The OEM name for the boot is "carburetor holder".
*By the way - someone on ebay is selling a used boyesen kit for cheap if it's not sold yet. but i heard the Vforce is much better.
These old parts are hard to get. If you know of a place that sells NOS or used parts for KDX - please let me know.
Thanks again and good luck!

Dirtdame

Apr 10, 2010
omrik88 said:
I think the same kit is suppose to fit all years KDX 200/220?, but check before you buy.
I checked on one website and it listed the same part number for my 1986 KDX200 as it did for my 2003 220.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom