kx12504

Nov 16, 2005
i own a 2004 kx125 and have broke two break levers in two months, its really starting to be a pain. its like a bearly lay it over and they will break. my question is do they only make them in aluminum and if they do is there any brand you would recomend that is stronger then the normal?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Well there is the ASV and ARC folding levers that are guaranteed against breaking. If your only going through one $9 lever a month I wouldn't be all that concerned, just keep an extra in the tool box.

moto-xtc

Nov 19, 2005
Yea.... Hell of alot better breaking brake levers then the brake perch :-0. I did that once and now i drill holes in my brake leaver so it brakes easyer insted of the perch.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
lop it off so its only long enough for the two fingers you should be using anyway, it'll become a habit to use the two fingers if you dont already . I've wrecked 300 times since mine broke off and i filed it smooth and stubby is still there. the only negative side is everyone elses full length handles will feel "weird"

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I run the ASV brake lever and love it. I prefer the ASV bend over a stock lever. I also run the master cylinder as far in towards the center as possible. As stated above, 1 or 2 fingers on the front brake is enough. Tighten the perch just snug, so it will rotate in a crash. Never broken a lever since doing it this way. And my bike spends ALOT of time laying on the side of hills, at every imagineable angle!

Happy Thanksgiving!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Don't over tighten the perch. If you hit it, it should rotate on the bar.

Oh, try not to fall too.

Top Bottom