zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
yeah, it was quite a sight, I was literally 5-7 ft from the whole thing... when I rewatched my video, you can hear sellards saying "you were on the outside".....after walker couldnt fire up his thumper, and was pushing it through the lines, you can also hear on my tape a fan go, "hey, can I have your autograph" sarcasticly...that was pretty funny...

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
marcusgunby said:
Spectra he passed reed, but if reed stayed within 6 seconds i think we can say he has the potential to race with him-6 seconds isnt a big buffer imo.Imagine if reed wasnt there?? talk about a walk over? i think we need new blood in the outdoors as too many are racing for 2nd imo.

I agree but racing someone and just staying the pace are 2 different things. I have been a Reed fan since the first SX I saw. If Reed can dice with him then I'll believe. So far that hasn't happened. Its only been 1 race that he stayed the pace so if he keeps doing it then its for real. I was hoping for a 3 way battle but so far KW seems to be settling...no fire in him. All it takes is one ride though! :clue:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Walker seems to have some "issues".

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Okiewan said:
He's lying for the factory. It's nothing but lies.

so right before it ended his career, MC was saying everywhere that the best bike in class was the KTM250 and he wasnt lying was he, LOL :eek:

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
For Me the worst part about Budds was the 250F's and the way the Pros have to ride them. Bumping off the rev limiter all the time and the nasty sound that makes.

But on the other hand, the 450's were very cool:) so much power and sounded awesome. Once again, everyone needs to see and hear RC up close on that 450. WOW!

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
I would concur, but Yamaha is stating their 2005 af yz125 is 10 lbs lighter than the 2004. That could put a spark back into the 125 class......especially in the SX area....

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
Highly doubt that the weight decrease will help the 125 class. It might help privateers but you know for a fact the factories are as light as the AMA allows. Same goes for the 250F's. With the same weight and power the 125's will probably become extinct.

However, for us normal folks that weight reduction is huge. I don't know anyone in my class that has ever made any kind of effort to reduce the weight of their bike. So with 5-10 lbs might help just enuff to be slightly faster in the corners.

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
If they could fatten up the torque curve on a 125 to better match a 250F from bottom through mid that would make a big difference. But lets not get delusional here.....that aint going to happen. Game , set and match......to the 250F.......its over. Time to go home.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
If the 125 is really 10lbs lighter then that will make a big difference....

It's going to be interesting with the new motor design on the Yamaha...Being that light and if it is as strong as a KTM in the motor department, combined with good suspension and handling (hopefully since new frame) there could be some real competition for the 4 strokes.

Last edited:

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
Regardless of weight the AMA is not going to change the weight limit rule. Current Factory YZ125 are already as light as they can get...this new lighter YZ won't be any lighter than whats already being ridden. The power is the only thing holding the 125's back.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom