xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
Just saw this posted on RacerX as a new spot that recently opened with 100 mi of trail: http://www.burningrockwv.com/

We're considering a trip back to Man, WV to ride one of the Hatfield-McCoy trails we've done 3-4 times now. It's a bit of a haul once you leave the Interstate near Beckley to get down to Man, so I am wondering how this place stacks up. Anyone been there yet that has also ridden the Rockhouse trails at H-M between Man and Gilbert? (H-M site: www.trailsheaven.com)

Also, with Burning Rock, are there rental accomodations that allow for ride to the trail head on unregistered machines (as the town of Man allows)?

Thanks for your input.

BRockwv

Jul 7, 2013
XSnrg, I'll preface this with I'm from Burning Rock so take my comments as you will. The park itself has been open for a few years, this year we've taken on a new outlook and put a lot of work into the park as well as put a lot of work into how everything is operated. The pee-wee and main MX track are brand new and that is what mxtrackbuilders did. As far as the trails go, most of the feedback I get is that our trails tend to be a little bit more interesting than a majority of Hatfield's, however we don't have as much access to the towns like Hatfield's do. We do have a few cabins on site along with RV sites we are also only about 3.5 miles from the town of Sophia which has a few good places to get some food we're also only about 7.5 miles off of I-77 and it's pretty easy to get there with a trailer. Check out the facebook for the most up to date information on the track and we try to get trail conditions up there quite regularly as well.

Also, if you have any specific questions, concerns, comments, suggestions, etc. please feel free to send an email to the email that is listed on the webpage and we'll get back to you pretty quickly and honestly the last thing we want you to do is come out to the park and have a poor experience. We also respond to facebook messages fairly quickly.

Top Bottom