mopower440

Jan 27, 2006
After 12 years of no bike, i decided i wanted another 2-stroke just to play in the field with, found a 1988 cr125, i bought it cheap enough. I pulled the carb and cleaned it and the jets out. Now, this is a flat slide carb, the only screw adjustment on the outside of the carb is a small flat blade screwdriver adjustment toward the rear of the carb really close to where the airbox mounts to the carb. now, what does this adjustment control and whats the baseline setting?
next, the needle adjustment on the slider is for WOT, correct?
thanks!

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
first off, the flat head screw on the outside is an air adjustment screww to fine tune your low ciurcuit. if you need to turn it out more than 3 turns you deffinatly need a different piolet jet. in is richer and out is leaner,

and no, the needle in the slide is for like 1/4 to 3/4 throttle

mopower440

Jan 27, 2006
wornknobby said:
first off, the flat head screw on the outside is an air adjustment screww to fine tune your low ciurcuit. if you need to turn it out more than 3 turns you deffinatly need a different piolet jet. in is richer and out is leaner,

and no, the needle in the slide is for like 1/4 to 3/4 throttle

ok, you say the screw is to fine tune the low circuit, does that mean idle and off idle? I turned it to 1 1/2 turns out to make it idle nice, is that ok?

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
that is perfect, you want to turn it out 1 /12 turns to make it idle good, this means your idle curcuit is jetted pretty good.

if you have to turn it out more than 2 to 2 1/2 turns you would need to make the piolet jet leaner, and it you need to run it in all the way you would need the next size smaller jet.

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
ok well you don't want it to bog off idle from applying throttle, but there are also other cicuits that over lap themselfs. read the sticky on the top off this page for a jetting link, it very helpful.

Top Bottom