Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Ok my cousin broke the clucth lever holder thingey off my bike. And i put it away. Nothing big. I bought a new clutch lever holder thingey, and put it on my bike. But it doesnt work. Well the lever works fine, all the cables are as they were before they broke, and i didnt change anything but the holder. The problem is when i pull the cluch in and push the bike it turns over the engine. it doesnt lock up the back tire like it would without the clutch.

i adjusted all the cables and it still does it. And i adjusted the screw for the clucth and it still does it. No so im confused. I dont know what to do next.

Any ideas?!?!

Thanks

~(V)opar

EDIT: It used ot be as if it was in neutral when i pulled it in.

Last edited:

Big Worm

Mar 2, 2007
hmmm, sounds like you might need a new clutch kit. maybe the springs aren't engaging correctly??? I'd take off the clutch cover and peep it out.

uts

Jan 8, 2004
Sounds like a grooved clutch basket (like mine)

When the clutch starts acting up while riding, then you need to fix it. My IT465 does the same thing, If I pull the clutch with it in gear when cold, it wants to turn the engine. When I'm riding however there is no problem (yet)

wouldn't hurt to pull the cover and check it out anyway. I'm starting another thread on clutch baskets right now,

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
Are you saying the clutch worked fine before your cousin broke your bike? After replacing the "clutch lever thingy" the clutch won't disengage?

By "clutch lever thingy" do you mean the clutch lever perch that mounts to the handle bar, the part that the clutch lever is connected to? Part #46094?

http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/showschematic~dept_id~2367312.asp

If that is the part you replaced, the cable end in the engine may have come out of the actuator arm, clutch arm. To verify this, follow the clutch cable to the engine. Where it goes into the engine, there should be a removable cover, remove it. Make sure the cable end (nipple) is in the notch in the cable arm.

Good luck, Steve.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Ok i started up the bike yesterday. And had it in neurtral and pulled the clutch in and shifted to first, it tuged and then quit and it was all fine agian. I think something was stuck or something. and if i went out and put it in gear and pushed it it would be fine. back to normal. so my gues is that something was stuck.

But when i ride it slips bad... I need a new clutch. and i dont have the money...

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Yes it was... And it was because of my retarded friend trying to do second gear burnouts from a stand still.

Thats ok, what goes around comes around. He just blew the top end, Im going to go over and asses the damage this weekend...

Speaking of stupidty he is looking at buying a Viva250 Kawasaki look a like quad. Cant make more of a supid decision than that...

Top Bottom